Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Wrong way approach to repairs

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack Posted: Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:06 PM

Hi all!

Just to share experience,last night,whilst watching news on tv,center speaker(BL 7.1)used only,I heard crackling noise behind,coming out of my left rear speaker(BL4000 Mk1).After couple of seconds,red light on the speaker gone.Tried to switch on/off couple of times,no any ligt nor sound coming out.Disconnected both rear speakers.This morning,with a little help from my friend,opened speaker,checked,presumed faulty fuses,all found ok.Checked trafo,found ok.Being an complete analphabet,visually checked whatever possible.could not find anything wrong.Ahhh...now need to send for repairs,over 400 km away...

Then,just to make shure,on the workbench,tried to power speaker from the different power source,and,voila,speaker powers on.Ok,now I know now I have faulty speaker power cable.But cables are runing through the walls and ceiling...Checked speaker power cable,found missing one phase...And,finally,found speaker power cable socket little bit loose plugged into multi-socket plug.Now I know I should check that first.As Benny Hill said: learning,learning,all my life...

Now you may call me a stupid.But,at least,I know how BL4000 looks from inside!

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Not stupid, you found the failure, other persons may have send it in for repair right away

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:37 PM

Not stupid at all. I was an engineer for over 35 years, and all of us had multiple stories of doing the same thing, not checking to see if things were plugged in right before jumping to deeper diagnostics. Welcome to our club!!!Smile

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS