Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Master Control Panel 5500 schematic

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Mark
Top 200 Contributor
Malvern
Posts 381
Founder
Mark Posted: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:55 PM

I've had a battery leak (dratted Duracell) into my beautiful MCP 5500 and it has damaged the corner of the PCB which has six resistors: two each of 0.82, 330 and 1500 ohm. The damage is very localized, but it has damaged the tracks, too.

I can remove the old resistors, rub down that part of the board with wet & dry paper, neutralize the nasty chemical and solder new resistors into place. However, I also need to replace the tracks which have been destroyed.

I've looked on the Main Site, but could not find a service manual.

Does anyone have a copy of the schematic, or a diagram which shows where the tracks should run, or a photograph of that corner of the board (both sides) that they could let me have?

Thank you in advance,

Mark

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 2:36 PM

You will find the MCP described in the service manual of one of the compatible Beomasters (5500, 6500 or 7000, cannot remember), but it isn't very detailed. The schematic is complete though, so you should be able to track where everything is supposed to connect.

--mika

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 3:10 PM

Keith, those schematics are from a handheld remote, Terminal 3000, 3300 or 5000 I think.

Martin

Mark
Top 200 Contributor
Malvern
Posts 381
Founder
Mark replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:42 PM

Thank you, guys, but so far no cigar!

I've looked at all the BeoSystem pages, but whilst the 5500 page has a User Manual for the MCP, there is no Service Manual.

Also, unfortunately, Keith's schematic seems to bear little resemblance to what I'm faced with: the damaged area of my board is immediately adjacent to four transistors: TR13, 14, 17, 18 and the part of the board which is damaged holds resistors R40, R41, R39, R49, R50, R48, which are 1500, 330, 0.82, 1500, 330 and 0.82 ohms, respectively.

Further ideas most welcome!

Mark

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:58 PM

Beosystem? - Where did that come from?
There are servicemanuals available for the individual units. Beosystem 6500 is not a unit - it's a combination of units.

As mentioned earlier, what you are looking for is found in the Beomaster (that's BeoMASTER) 6500 servicemanual.
Page 2-6 (diagram D).

Try once more.

Martin

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Mark,

Apologies for the incorrect circuit Diagram, I copied the wrong file....

Below is the MCP type number 1551 display and switch circuit. Click on the image to open in a new browser window to see full diagram

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Below is the PCB layout and again you will need to click on the image to open it into another browser window to view the whole image

Regards Keith....

Mark
Top 200 Contributor
Malvern
Posts 381
Founder
Mark replied on Thu, Dec 15 2016 9:34 PM

Excellent! Thank you guys - that solves the problem.

Martin - as the BeoMasters are each part of their respective BeoSystem, and there were Beosystem manuals on the server, I naturally thought that was the whole set for each BeoSystem. I didn't realise that they were "distributed" under the individual units.

Thank you all again for sorting me out!

Mark

Edgy01
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
Edgy01 replied on Sat, Jul 21 2018 11:17 AM

A bit late to the party (I'm very new to the forum) but this Brit has a very thorough troubleshooting nature:  https://youtu.be/yuTILt4X8iE

its in two parts.  Here is part two:  https://youtu.be/CGSMVxdyTRQ

Good luck,  Dan

Mark
Top 200 Contributor
Malvern
Posts 381
Founder
Mark replied on Sun, Jul 22 2018 12:18 AM

Dan, it's never too late! I stripped it down, cleaned away the battery fluid and stopped. :(

Other household chores got in the way. You've given me the motivation to get started again. Let's hope I complete it this time.

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS