Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

TV, turntable & Sonos receiver all connecting to a Moment?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member
Rob - Danish AV Posted: Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:30 AM

I have a client who is trying to connect a few devices together and have all controlled from the Moment and beolab 17/19 combo

So it seems the moment is limited with its connections...

he has a Samsung series 7 LCD TV which has a seperate hub for connections, he wants the audio to be sent to the Moment and moment default to playing TV when switched on

he then wants to add a turntable to the moment, and be volume controlled by the moment.

he also want to use Spotify, and currently has a sonos app(which allows Spotify, TuneIn, lastfm all to be controlled by the app) which is sent to a sonos ZP80. He also wants the moment to handle the volume of this

A store has suggested he may need a wireless transmitter or something similar to do this?

hopefully the information is enough for some help, any questions and I'll get the information required.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:23 AM

Rob.B:

he has a Samsung series 7 LCD TV which has a seperate hub for connections, he wants the audio to be sent to the Moment and moment default to playing TV when switched on

Don´t think that is a good solution. I doubt the sound will be in synch with picture. The connection would be through line in on the Moment. Its autosensing so when the TV goes on, Moment will switch to Line In.

Rob.B:

he then wants to add a turntable to the moment, and be volume controlled by the moment.

That works, and I have that setup myself.

Rob.B:

he also want to use Spotify, and currently has a sonos app(which allows Spotify, TuneIn, lastfm all to be controlled by the app) which is sent to a sonos ZP80. He also wants the moment to handle the volume of this

Same thing here. Has to go into Line in. Sound like a complicated solution. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

He wants to have these all connected at once, without a manual switch?

I thought about the delay with audio, not sure whether a delay box would suit, or connect the speakers into the TV? But then TV needs to be on I'm guessing. 

could an S8 hub be used in this situation? The TV had an optical audio out.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:16 AM

Rob.B:

He wants to have these all connected at once, without a manual switch?

I thought about the delay with audio, not sure whether a delay box would suit, or connect the speakers into the TV? But then TV needs to be on I'm guessing. 

could an S8 hub be used in this situation? The TV had an optical audio out.

Tricky...     all connected at once is not possible. S8 is not built for a setup like this.

Connect the speakers to the TV is one option, but then he cannot get music from Moment to the speakers.

I think this customer is asking for something that is not doable (in a good way).

Swapping the TV for a Beovision would solve most problems.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hiort:

Swapping the TV for a Beovision would solve most problems.

Totally agree on that one!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS