Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Flash your B&O - new thread!

This post has 5,642 Replies | 42 Followers

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 5:53 AM

Hi Beofan53,

Absolutely stunning. I love this minimal setup.

hfat

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:56 PM

I just got my 22 year old BeoCenter 9500 setup in my Mum's house (kept in the family since bought new by my grandparents years ago). Sounds pretty good cranked through a pair of CX100s! I just removed some corrosion from the battery terminal of the original BeoLink 1000 remote and it works beautifully.

Now to sort those loose wires out....

Jonathan

erandlux
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Bronze Member
erandlux replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:28 PM

Just to share my brand new BV7-40.  Still have to find a decent central speaker, I don't like the beolab 7 serie, too big. All ideas welcomed.

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:59 PM

@erandlux,

In a similar situation i was thinking of using a BeoLab 3500 with an modification to be usable a Powerlink speaker. Have a loook here.

hfat

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:49 PM

Well, not having a nice and impressive home to show off like all of you, I will have to think of something else.
How about this lo-ve-ly little grey plastic box with golden logo to prove that it is in fact a B&O piece.

Laughing

Martin

shinobi52
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
shinobi52 replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:39 AM

]Hi,

Here's my last setup : Beoplay V1 + ENCORE & LAB4000 and in my daughter room : Beosound8(cables must be hidden)

And + 1 for beoworlders under 30 ;-)

shinobi52
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
shinobi52 replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:16 AM

erandlux : I love your EAMES chairs !

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:28 PM

file://localhost/Users/stephaniemazza/Desktop/beo1

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:28 PM

file://localhost/Users/stephaniemazza/Desktop/beo1

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:40 PM

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:40 PM

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 2:21 PM

Wow Shinobi52 your Daughter is far too lucky having that BS8!  Wow awesome V1 too. Not sure about that Encore though, wouldnt an Apple TV box have done everything that the Encore does connected to that nice V1?

shinobi52
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
shinobi52 replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 4:07 PM
Thanks Paul! Maybe but I had the encore before the V1...And no need Apple Tv, the v1 does the job also with the media option!
tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 4:26 PM

Dillen:
Well, not having a nice and impressive home to show off like all of you, I will have to think of something else.
How about this lo-ve-ly little grey plastic box with golden logo to prove that it is in fact a B&O piece.

I love it!

Laughing

Looks far too modern to hold accessories for a B&O razor...?

--mika

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:00 PM

my beosound ouverture and 8000

Greg
Not Ranked
Vallauris
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Greg replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:04 PM

my tv

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:30 AM

shinobi52:
Thanks Paul! Maybe but I had the encore before the V1...And no need Apple Tv, the v1 does the job also with the media option!

Need no Apple tv..? Don't tell that to Paul..! He just can't believe that anyone can live without Apple products Devil

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Steffen:

shinobi52:

Need no Apple tv..? Don't tell that to Paul..! He just can't believe that anyone can live without Apple products Devil

Steffen, when I read some forum entries I really can't understand how these days people can find their way to the toilet without maps, how they can use their dishwasher without apps etc. I'm sure that some of us also does not understand how could music be listened befor airport exp.  Devil

and honestly, I don't understand why that many entires about apple plastic products are in B&O forum !!!   

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:29 PM

A very nice and clean setup.

Is this the bs5/bm5 or the encore? Looks great on the floorstand!

Enjoy your system!

As for an active, small, centerspeaker go to see the b&w m1. Very balanced speaker and with powerlink to rca direct connection with your bv. 

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:21 PM

beautiful system Shinobi.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:54 PM

Steffen please stop being BAD or else we will fly over to Denmark, steal your B&O and make you live ONLY with Apple products hehe ;)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:00 PM

Beopiranha easy, Apple customers appreciate great design, ease of use and share many things in common with the B&O customer! Both are non mainstream, perform beautifully, are well made and require a fair amount of saving hard to be able to purchase :)

And some apps are lovely. The app that allows blind people to get into the countryside to explore, the educational apps, designed in Britain and now in use in schools in India and for me, the lovely pleasure of walking home from the gym on a warm summers night, like this evening, listening to Dinner Jazz on Jazz FM with zero interference!  Wonderful!

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 11:24 PM

Paul W:

Steffen please stop being BAD or else we will fly over to Denmark, steal your B&O and make you live ONLY with Apple products hehe ;)

Hard to imagine anything worse...Stick out tongue Laughing

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 12:03 AM

There you go Steffen, please be good from now on ;)    Hey, Apple TV is an amazing box!

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,404
Bronze Member

My first Beolit purchase!!! Very rare to find in South Africa so very happy :) Had to show it off...paid 48 Pounds. Came with the power adapter too!!!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 12:29 PM

Paul W:
Apple customers appreciate great design

Why do they buy Apple then ?

Seriously, Apple should adapt B&O design, not the other way around.
Come on, needing both hands to operate a smartphone isn't smart.

Martin

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

Dillen:
Come on, needing both hands to operate a smartphone isn't smart.

There is an APP for that.

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:10 PM

So Dillen are you saying that Apple should make their iPhone like the Serene or Serenetta?  Yeah those were really really great designs along with the slab boxed BS1 and so great looking BeoLab4 or the disaster that is the DVD1 or the plastic looking BS4  hmmmmm  Goes to show not all B&O stuff is great design!!!!!!!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:13 PM

People really shouldn't bash Apple, you'll probably find the success of the BeoPlay range aimed at the Apple customer will indeed save BANG&OLUFSEN from extinction - I certainly believe that Tue knows that!!!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:38 PM

Not all B&O stuff is great design, I agree. We could easily live without the ones in jap design, that you mention.
I was talking about B&O design, not B&O stuff in general.

But still, those phones could be operated with one hand.

Martin

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Frankly speaking Apple advertisements are slowly getting on my nerves. I'm here to read and talk about B&O and Co... not a chinese plastic product.

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 10:54 PM

Paul W:
People really shouldn't bash Apple,

For me it's not a question of 'Apple bashing' as some Apple owners like to call it when someone disagree with them.

I'm just a little tired of seeing so many threads on this forum turn into 'Apple worshipping'.
Seems like some owners of those products perhaps are a little too exited about their toys. Wink

When I over and over again read things like: 'Mac is simply the world's best computer' (Amen) -or 'I'm going all Apple in my home now' -or even 'Why do you buy an BS5 Encore when you can do the same with your AppleTv/iPhone/iPad/Mac...etc.' then it just gets too much Ick!
And I just like to tease some of these Apple fanboys, because they get soo angry...Laughing (Not you, Paul) Wink 
After all -this is a site about B&O. Smile

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:07 PM

Fair point Steffen but I gotta say, personally, I think the strongest of the BANG&OLUFSEN hifi range are the ones that work with Apple - BEOPLAY A8 and BeoLit12 - they are just lovely! BS5 is just bonkers and the Encore just doesn't do it for me and that's it for the hifi range as this moment in time...

Im loving the BEOPLAY range it's funky, edgy and cool & very nicely made - so well done B&O!

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:32 PM

Portable devices are not what I would call hifi...

And even when the BS8 is the best sounding docking-station, it is still FAR from a real hifi system with decent speakers...

And after all -a smartphone can be used with older stereo systems too. A docking station should be a supplement -not a subsistute for a real hifi system. (If you really like music)

XTHX
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
XTHX replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 2:42 AM

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Steffen:

When I over and over again read things like: 'Mac is simply the world's best computer' (Amen) -or 'I'm going all Apple in my home now' -or even 'Why do you buy an BS5 Encore when you can do the same with your AppleTv/iPhone/iPad/Mac...etc.' then it just gets too much Ick!

That was the point I decided to react!!! Shinobi52, shared his setup with us and the next entry is why did you buy encore bla bla bla....

First, that is his taste and decision. Little RESPECT !!! Second, he worked for this, save for this and bought one... Again RESPECT !!! And the last point. No you can not do the same thing with an apple tv. You can just do similiar things but not as easy as with an Encore and not as usuer friendly as an Encore. After all, there is no MOTS in apple tv which nobody can judge without using couple of days...

Finally, I don't wanna get in a hard discussion, I just wanted to warn us about our comments...

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:18 PM
beopiranha:

That was the point I decided to react!!! Shinobi52, share his setup with us and the next entry is why did you buy encore bla bla bla....

First, that his his taste and decision. Little RESPECT !!! Second, he worked for this, save for this and bought one... Again RESPECT !!! And the last point. No you can not do the same thing with an apple tv. You can just do similiar things but not as easy as with an Encore and not as usuer friendly as an Encore. After all, there is no MOTS in apple tv which nobody can judge without using couple of days...

Finally, I don't wanna get in a hard discussion, I just wanted to warn us about our comments...

One word out of my mouth : Bravo.

Exactly what I thought, nothing can be as user friendly as the Encore/BS5.

No need to switch Tv or computer on to listen to music.

Gregory
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:29 PM

I guess we are all open to our opinions and I've been very decent about B&O in the past but I still think the BS5 is the most useless piece of rubbish. It's Windows based and doesn't even play gapless - that is a serious problem. 

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:33 PM

Paul W:

I guess we are all open to our opinions and I've been very decent about B&O in the past but I still think the BS5 is the most useless piece of rubbish. It's Windows based and doesn't even play gapless - that is a serious problem. 

It's an appliance. Why should anybody care what it's based on? You're not going to write essays on it, are you`?

--mika

XTHX
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Here is a couple of pics of my Bedroom, What do you guys think?

For some reason it cuts off part of the pic but if you click on them it will pull up the whole picture Smile

Page 6 of 142 (5643 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS