Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 8000 curiouse issue with RCA input auto off on

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

lexx0471
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
lexx0471 Posted: Sun, Dec 25 2016 11:28 AM

Hi all and merry xmas,

I am trying to get my dads BEO System working over the holidays. The amp and system seam to have some issue and therefore I went for the easy option using the BEOLAB 8000 active speakers using the RCA Input and a Google AudioCast. It is working quite well for such an easy solution, except one weird issue:

The BeoLab 8000 should Switch off automatically when no Signal comes trough the cable. This works very well with one Speaker, the other one however is constantly switching off and on again. Once the good- speaker switches off as it should the issue-speaker makes the off sound and the red light goes on, but immediately switches on again (light going green). The issue-speaker then repeatently after one Minute tries to switch off. I have used the exact same setup as on the other speaker, and even swapped all cables around and tried to use them as one alone only. I even tried a patched 5 pin to jack cable which also works fine with then good speaker but not with the other. Both Speakers are set to line in while using RCA line in.

Can anyone help me to find the issue as I cannot use the system with one speaker clicking every Minute when no sound is needed.

Thanks for all your inputs in advance, I appreciate all help!!

Thanks

Alex

Hagen2000
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Hagen2000 replied on Mon, Dec 26 2016 10:57 AM

I had the same problem in a similar setup. The RCA input is very sensitive and if it picks up any noise, the speaker will not switch to standby reliably. I used a voltage divider constructed off two resistors in order to a) reduce the input sensitivity of the speakers and b) lower their input imedance so noise sensitivity gets reduced. I soldered these directly into the RCA plugs at the speaker ends of the cables.

You might also want to try to connect the speaker with the problem to the same mains outlet as the other one.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Mon, Dec 26 2016 11:43 AM
check the connections at the back of the line in socket for dry joints, this can show the same symptoms.

lexx0471
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
lexx0471 replied on Fri, Dec 30 2016 2:05 PM

Tanks for your Feedback. I guess it is a hardware sensibility issue. I will buy new cable and restructure the power cables and hope to get a reliable thing working.

Thanks

Alex

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Hi Alex,

I’m wondering if you ever solved your problem? I’m having the same issue…

Thanks,

Mattybang66

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Hello,

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I was wondering if you could step me through how you wired up those resistors on the RCA cable? I’m hoping that might solve my problem.
Any thoughts?

Mattybang66 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS