Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

No RCA-output from Beomaster 5500

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

beomaster224
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
beomaster224 Posted: Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:45 AM

Good morning,

since I have a few vinyls I'd like to convert to digital, I hooked up my Beomaster 5500 to my PC's audio interface (ESI Juli@). I thought that this would be straight forward: I connected the 2 line in ports (RCA) of the ESI to the 2 RCA ports (AUX) of my BM. I turned on the Beogram, switched to AUX and... nothing... Tape 2... nothing. I switched the cables between the ports on the BM (in the section where it says TP2 and AUX on the back panel) - still nothing.

When I hooked an audio source (Squeezebox Touch) to the BM, I noticed that I could hear it no matter to which channel I switched the BM (I could hear it on AUX as well as Tape 2 and even Tape). Is this normal?

Also, the cables and the ESI work, because when I connected the cables to the aforementioned Squeezebox Touch, I had sound as expected.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct port to connect to and what must be selected when I want to record from the BM (I know it's been written in the old forum but not as plain as to be sure for that exact purpose)? Or does this sound more like a fault? Could I alternatively remove the bridges (how?) next to the AUX/TP2 port where it says line? The manual says this connects the equalizer, does this mean that this would bypass the equalization of the RIAA signal?

Thanks for your advice.

By the way, I had headphones connected to the BM when I tried that, but I guess this doesn't prevent the line out from the BM from working (switching off certain circuits or something), right?

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:34 AM
You should connect the input of your computer to the Tape 2 output and then play any source but Tape 2/Aux such as CD or even your tuner as a test. Once you're ready to record, you can play your albums and select Phono as the source. Remember in your hookup, selecting Tape 2/Aux as your source would only provide sound if you have something connected to the Tape 2/Aux input. The Tape2/Aux output should always be active when any source is playing.

The Preamp output would provide a variable level output rather than fixed level and the loop outputs would I have to have return loop to the inputs in order to hear anything from the BM5500. I hope that helps.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

beomaster224
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member

Thanks a lot, I think something in another post made me believe I had to switch the source from Phono to any of the AUX ports to activate the output (though it doesn't make much sense retrospectively...), and the AUX/Tape section was pretty crowded too, I unplugged pretty much anything but the Beogram now.

Anyways, it works perfectly now. Lets have a Party !!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS