Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoRemote One BT functions, tips, tricks?

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 8 Followers

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
alex_112 Posted: Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:13 AM

Hi!

I just added a BROne to my collection of loved items and it currently seems to be competing for the love from the BeoTime flute by just looking at it :-)

After a few hours playing with it (BR1), I've got it working fine with IR: Lights, BeoSound Moment. Via BT fine with: Android, *not* fine via BT: BeoPlay A6, that's about how far I've come.

I read at a couple of places it works with non-B&O IR, any tips on how to get it working with non-B&O gear?

What are you using this beautiful piece with? Discuss! ;-)

BV14, BV10, BeoGram 3000, 4500, BS 9000, Moment, Core, Ouverture, Essence, Beo6, BROneBT, BeoTime, ML/NL, BLGW, BeoLab 2, 11, 18, CX100, BeoPlay A6, M3, E8/H3/H8 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I guess you mean the BROne/BT version!

'Lights with IR' ---- how many 'klicks' do you need for that?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
alex_112 replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:55 AM

Yes, BeoRemote One with Bluetooth. 

Depends what our need but one to get into lights, one or more for control. You also have favorite buttons with are mappable. Haven't gotten "all off" working with long press power button for lights.

BR

//Alex

BV14, BV10, BeoGram 3000, 4500, BS 9000, Moment, Core, Ouverture, Essence, Beo6, BROneBT, BeoTime, ML/NL, BLGW, BeoLab 2, 11, 18, CX100, BeoPlay A6, M3, E8/H3/H8 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:22 PM

Seeing as this remote is going to be around for a while, and is versatile, would it be worth having a sub-forum dedicated to it?

We did it with the Beo5/Beo6, which seemed to go down well.

Only a thought....

Lee

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

alex_112:

Yes, BeoRemote One with Bluetooth. 

Depends what our need but one to get into lights, one or more for control. You also have favorite buttons with are mappable. Haven't gotten "all off" working with long press power button for lights.

BR

//Alex

Does that mean, that you can map 'Light' to one of the MyButtons?

Untill now noone on the forum has confirmed that?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I am with Lee on that thought.

Only remember to include BT in the remote name, if the sub-forum will be created.

MM

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Does that mean, that you can map 'Light' to one of the MyButtons?

With the non BT version, you can.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

With the BT version as well.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder
alex_112:

How?

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

alex_112:

Thanks!

Now - when we get the sub-forum ;-) - maybe you could make a small 'howto-guide'.

There are still some users with 'old' LC1/2, who have been used to push the Light button and a digit.

(As well as those who control their light in a more modern way - using the gateway).

Is that possible, when you have configured one of the MyButtons for Light

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

LIST -> Settings -> Buttons -> <Button> -> <Function (i.e. Lights)>

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

One thing that doesn't work for me is addressing individual lamps.

With the Beo4 you'd press LIST until LAMP appears, and then press 1 to address the first lamp.

Here you can access the LAMP function from the list but it sends the LIGHT code rather than the LAMP code!! 

They told me it was a known bug in the firmware. I got it flashed with a new one and it still doesn't work :-(

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 7:42 PM

On the BT version (the one I have ) it does not work that way...

I still haven't found am easy way to control light.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

sq2002:

On the BT version (the one I have ) it does not work that way...

I still haven't found am easy way to control light.

It seems that alex_112   has - hmmm?

MM

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

For those of you with a BeoRemote One BT and an android phone, you can pair them and use the remote to navigate around the menus on your phone - pretty pointless, but fun to try Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

PhilLondon:

With the Beo4 you'd press LIST until LAMP appears, and then press 1 to address the first lamp.

Here you can access the LAMP function from the list but it sends the LIGHT code rather than the LAMP code!! 

They told me it was a known bug in the firmware. I got it flashed with a new one and it still doesn't work :-(

Personally I could live without that.

As long as I would be able to adress my light scenarios (I use mostly 4-5 as a combination of 4 individual lamps) and dimm/increase these with ease, I'd be fine.

P.S. But if there is a bug there, they ought to get it fixed.

MM

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
alex_112 replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 10:49 PM

Any idea of usage with third party products? I can see blinds etc under "Control", is there a compatibility list?  

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

These commands are passed to a BLGW if you have one, then the BLGW will command the blinds or any device. The remote does not control things directly .

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member
alex_112 replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 11:03 PM

So this "455 kHz for Bang & Olufsen products and 20-80 kHz for third party non-A/V product control" is not actually the remote which sends but rather the BLGW IR-transceiver? Or is it something else that's the 20-80 kHz?

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 12:27 PM

If someone can show me how to configure the light function into a MyButton I would be very grateful Smile

You have to switch now from bluetooth to IR, lot's of steps to control the light. After that, you have to go back again all the steps to switch to bluetooth (TV function) again. Not easy, and very clumpsy..

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 1:07 PM

sq2002:

If someone can show me how to configure the light function into a MyButton I would be very grateful Smile

You have to switch now from bluetooth to IR, lot's of steps to control the light. After that, you have to go back again all the steps to switch to bluetooth (TV function) again. Not easy, and very clumpsy..

I´m quite sure the only thing you can do is to associate the LIGHT command to a MyButton. Nothing more. That is the way I have arranged it. So rather than pressing LIST and go down the list to LIGHT I can press a MyButton.

Ideally I would like to configure certain light scenes to a MyButton but that is not possible. One would need a BLGW for that.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 1:11 PM

Millemissen:

PhilLondon:

Personally I could live without that.

As long as I would be able to adress my light scenarios (I use mostly 4-5 as a combination of 4 individual lamps) and dimm/increase these with ease, I'd be fine.

P.S. But if there is a bug there, they ought to get it fixed.

MM

@MM

How do you access the light scenarios using the BROne?

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Hiort:
How do you access the light scenarios using the BROne?

LIGHT + Digit, if you've got LC2s... There are some scenes you can use as well like Leaving, etc... if you've got a BLGW.

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 2:39 PM

Mybutton and Light : standard the remote starts in bluetooth mode.

can you please show me step-by-step how you programm the light on Mybutton, because as far as I see it you can store it because you need to switch from BT to IR. Mybutton can only store the last 3 steps ??

mybutton + number would be good enough,

but after that you also would need a mybutton to get back to BT

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 3:51 PM

sq2002:

Mybutton and Light : standard the remote starts in bluetooth mode.

can you please show me step-by-step how you programm the light on Mybutton, because as far as I see it you can store it because you need to switch from BT to IR. Mybutton can only store the last 3 steps ??

mybutton + number would be good enough,

but after that you also would need a mybutton to get back to BT

Sorry, I have only the regular BRone

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 replied on Tue, Nov 7 2017 1:19 PM

Anyone who in the meantime has a functional mybutton mapping ?

alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

I use lights and home automation quite a lot for my buttons.

lowroad
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
lowroad replied on Thu, Aug 30 2018 9:00 PM

Anyone successful in mapping one of the my-buttons on the BR/One 1605 (use to control a Horizon) as Light (to control LC1/LC2) - when in Beovision Horizon mode?

BeoLignage
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 207
Bronze Member

Has there been any update to software that enables an IR-command to be mapped to a MyButton in BT mode?

Either I´m missing something completely simple, or the ones above that mention only 2 button presses to controll their LC2s use the BR/One in IR mode with their TV or music system.

//Goran

flatwhite
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
flatwhite replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 7:58 PM

Any tips on using the BT Remote to control Philips Hue lights (without having a beolink gateway)?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 8:40 PM

BeoLignage:

Has there been any update to software that enables an IR-command to be mapped to a MyButton in BT mode?

Either I´m missing something completely simple, or the ones above that mention only 2 button presses to controll their LC2s use the BR/One in IR mode with their TV or music system.

//Goran

You cannot mix BT and IR functions. The only way to use LIGHT and CONTROL commands in BT mode is with a BLGW.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 8:41 PM

flatwhite:

Any tips on using the BT Remote to control Philips Hue lights (without having a beolink gateway)?

You must use a BeoLink Gateway. There is a driver for Hue on the BLGW.

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS