Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting PC to Beovision 6 - 26

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

jimlowson
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
jimlowson Posted: Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:10 PM

I have a Beovision 6 - 26 TV.  I have previously succesfully connected my PC to it via an HDMI cable and an HDMI / DVI convertor however suddenly it is not working anymore.  When I connect the PC then try to call up the PC option via the List button on the remote, the PC option simply does not appear.  I've tried alternative HDMI cables and HDMI / DVI convertors with no success.  I've also tried switching everything off before connecting and tried connecting with everything switched on, also with no success.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong and what the solution may be?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 10:53 PM
jimlowson:

I have a Beovision 6 - 26 TV. I have previously succesfully connected my PC to it via an HDMI cable and an HDMI / DVI convertor however suddenly it is not working anymore. When I connect the PC then try to call up the PC option via the List button on the remote, the PC option simply does not appear. I've tried alternative HDMI cables and HDMI / DVI convertors with no success. I've also tried switching everything off before connecting and tried connecting with everything switched on, also with no success.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong and what the solution may be?

Sounds like the PC option was removed from the Beo4.

You need to add it and have it associated with the correct AV port.

In my setup I swap HDMI cables on one AV port between the PC and the BlueRay DVD - but the Beo4 is set to PC regardless of the device wired in.

Just check your BV6's menu to see what source command is associated with the AV port your PC is plugged into.

BeoNut since '75

jimlowson
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
jimlowson replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:54 PM

Thank you.  That was very helpful.  I added the PC option to my Beo4 and it's all back working now.  No idea how the PC option was removed in the first place but all's well that ends well.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS