Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Battery power

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2017 7:33 PM

All of a sudden (after 1 month of use) my BT version of the remote is totally draining batteries within one day and refuses to power up the next day. Have tried both traditional and re-chargable batteries and getting the same result.

Is there something I should be doing with the remote to stop the power drain?Sad

Set-up is BV4-42 and Apple TV (latest version). The remote is pared to the ATV and I can switch between BEO4AV mode and ATV BT mode, so just use the one remote.

Thoughts?

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

benjnz:
Have tried both traditional and re-chargable batteries and getting the same result.

Do not use re-chargeable batteries, most are 1.2 volts rather then 1.5 volts.

Use good quality AAA batteries should be used and fitted as below

Regards Keith....

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Wed, Feb 1 2017 1:53 AM

Thanks, I have tried normal expensive energiser batteries and they also discharge, will try again tonight to make sure am not totally loosing the plot Big Smile

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Thu, Mar 19 2020 8:50 AM

Hi,

allow me to activate this thread, please. I have the same experience with my BR1bt currently. After some month of fine operation, suddenly the energy went down. Symptoms were, I couldn´t activate some functions or switch to a specific program on the Eclipse. I changed batteries and it worked fine, again. After some weeks, the same symptoms occured and I had to exchange the batteries another time. Now I used re-chargeable ones, with 1.2 V, 700 mA. They got drowned even quicker. After that, I bought ultra lithium 1.5 V and they didn´t last a month, and the remote went completely dead. Now I have inserted the re-chargeable ones again and will see how long they last. Maybe the ultra lithium were a bit low already, but they are marked "good until 12.2033".

Is there any help or experience someone is able to provide in this case?

Kindest regards,

Rolf

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS