Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 8000 problems

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Gizmo
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Gizmo Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2017 2:29 PM

Dear Forum,

two weeks ago I connected my Beolab 8000 after several years. Unfortunately, one of the loudspeakers no longer works, the other one is working. I hope and would be very happy if the forum could help me:

The loudspeaker LED switches from red to green when a tone signal arrives. But no sound comes out. The selector switch is in the correct position. I opened the loudspeaker and removed the transformer circuit board PCB01 and the power supply circuit board PCB02. The 3 fuses are ok. But the relay does not switch.

My research and search in the forum directs the suspicion to the small transformer. But I cannot test is because I don't know how.

Although I can deal with a multimeter and a soldering iron, I have also the service manual with the circuit diagrams and the parts list, but I dare no actions with the transformer under mains voltage. What can I do or measure to pinpoint the error?

It would be very great, if the forum could help me with this problem.

Thank you very much and many greetings,

Christian

P.S.: I tried the german forum but know one had a hint for me.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Feb 4 2017 2:42 PM

Where are you located (country/region will do)?

Martin

Gizmo
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Gizmo replied on Sat, Feb 4 2017 3:35 PM

Hi Martin,

I'm from Germany.

Cheers,

Christian

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

If the led is alight,the stand'by transformer is OK.

It's very common with these speakers, for the printed circuit tracks that lead to the standby relay to become open circuit.They run close to the edge of the board,and can fracture or even corrode!

Check this first,otherwise it may be a faulty relay of course.

N.B.As you have noticed,this board carries components working at mains (240V)voltages.DO NOT carry out any repair work with the unit connected to power.

Take care.

Nick

Gizmo
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Gizmo replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:43 PM

Hi Nick,

many thanks for your hint that solved my problem! One of tose two circuit tracks was open. I repaired it and the speaker is working. Great help! Great forum! Thanks and

Cheers,

Christian

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS