Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

FIrst time B&O User Beovision 10 with No sound?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

bignathengineer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
bignathengineer Posted: Sun, Feb 19 2017 10:45 PM

Hello I was recently left an immaculate Beovision 10 by my uncle who passed away, this is my first B&O product and one I'm looking to understand fully.

Have finally been able to plug it in, got a Beo 4 remote (not the one he used with it), plug in SKY HD box via HDMI to HDMI socket A - in the connections menu within DTV believe set it up??? But I have picture and no sound? everything I have tried results in picture but no sound have worked out how to turn the picture off but no sound, in the sound menu have activated the front speaker. My uncle used it with a freesat HD box and had Channels programmed into specific channels this was under TV, I am using DTV?

Can someone please point me in the right direction of things to try and check, can I just connect with HDMI or do I need somethings else? SPDIF connection too?

I can mute the TV and it goes silent, with the volume on there is a slighy background noise but no speech or actual sound

Many Thanks for the help in advance

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

When you setup the input (DTV), was the connection Spdif set to 'None'?

(Supposing that the Sky box is outputting sound via HDMI, a HDMI cable is all, you need).

Did you try to connect anything else (e.g. a DVD player) to the tv?

And welcome to Beoworld.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Feb 20 2017 1:04 PM

bignathengineer:
plug in SKY HD box via HDMI to HDMI socket A
how is the SkyHD box set? does it send sound through HDMI? what audio format does it stream to the BV10? 

bignathengineer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Many Thanks - I am pretty sure it was set to No but will check and I will also check a blu ray player input to it. I think my concern has run away with me that I have problem with it??

WIll be able to check Friday Eve.

Thanks

Nathan

bignathengineer
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Yes Sky box is currently connected to an LG through HDMI and that is the only connection I have also changed the output from stereo to dolby Dig and vice versa but nothing?

Many Thanks

Nathan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS