Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 2 in brass tone - available yet?

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey Posted: Sat, Mar 4 2017 6:24 PM

Any dealer on here with info on the much-delayed BS2 in brass tone? I was told "end of February" but no mention of it anywhere and, in theory, the brass tone was supposed to be a limited release.

Love my BS1, but would prefer a BS2.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 4 2017 8:22 PM

My dealer says this month - have ordered and paid for one! Will let you know when it arrives!

Peter

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
moxxey:

Any dealer on here with info on the much-delayed BS2 in brass tone? I was told "end of February" but no mention of it anywhere and, in theory, the brass tone was supposed to be a limited release.

Love my BS1, but would prefer a BS2.

Hi Moxxey

If I was to order one for you now it would arrive 21 March. It was decided to prioritise the Alu finish to meet the demand of this version first hence the delay. Apparently brass tone is here to stay now!

Stuart

Ealing
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Mar 4 2017 10:18 PM

w5bno123:
If I was to order one for you now it would arrive 21 March. It was decided to prioritise the Alu finish to meet the demand of this version first hence the delay. Apparently brass tone is here to stay now!

Good news it's here to stay as my local dealer claimed I had to buy a BV14 in brass tone as it was going to be cancelled soon!

I'll pick up a BS2 in brass after release. No rush. Just wondered when it was finally launching as it was in literature B&O sent last November.

B&O Ealing? I think I follow you guys on Facebook and commented on the trade-in offer, recently.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Mar 4 2017 10:36 PM

It's all part of the Cool Modern collection launched in November http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139493-new-bang-and-olufsen-cool-modern-collection-is-bold-as-brass-see-the-stunning-new-look-here

my B&O store put my new H4s in a canvas Cool Modern bag for me today, with a gift and the latest B&O magazine. 

Buy now while you can is the oldest trick in the sales book.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sat, Mar 4 2017 11:23 PM
moxxey:

Good news it's here to stay as my local dealer claimed I had to buy a BV14 in brass tone as it was going to be cancelled soon!

I'll pick up a BS2 in brass after release. No rush. Just wondered when it was finally launching as it was in literature B&O sent last November.

B&O Ealing? I think I follow you guys on Facebook and commented on the trade-in offer, recently.

It's definitely here to stay! We cover all areas of west London and Somerset Wink. I haven't seen any comments on our FB feed from yourself?

Stuart

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 5 2017 6:56 AM

w5bno123:

It's definitely here to stay! We cover all areas of west London and Somerset Wink. I haven't seen any comments on our FB feed from yourself?

I commented you promoted the TV upgrade offer, but 'forgot' to add details of the offer (which you fixed the next day).

I can always pick up from the Ealing store, too. Often drive in to London. Will let you know.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 25 2017 8:55 PM

Beosound 2 up and working and responding perfectly to voice control! No tone controls which is a bit strange - I would personally prefer a little less bass - maybe a corner setting or similar would be better. First B&O item I have had with made in China on the box but seems nicely made. Software fair - not as snappy as Amazon but did eventually kick in.

Peter

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 6:56 AM

Peter:

Beosound 2 up and working and responding perfectly to voice control! No tone controls which is a bit strange - I would personally prefer a little less bass - maybe a corner setting or similar would be better.

Less? You need a BeoSound 1 then. It's quite 'bright'. Aren't the tone controls within the app?

Did you purchase the silver or brass BeoSound 2, Peter?

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 8:12 AM
Peter:

Beosound 2 up and working and responding perfectly to voice control! No tone controls which is a bit strange - I would personally prefer a little less bass - maybe a corner setting or similar would be better. First B&O item I have had with made in China on the box but seems nicely made. Software fair - not as snappy as Amazon but did eventually kick in.

Peter

Hi Peter

I have requested that tonal controls for the BeoSound 1, 2 and M5 are implemented. It's on the software roadmap so you should see it soon within the app.

Regards

Stuart
Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 4:16 PM

I have the brass finish BS2. I thought about the BS1 but the 2 looks better. Not convinced it is worth 10 Amazon Echo devices though. Certainly sounds better though.

Peter

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:56 PM

Peter:

I have the brass finish BS2. I thought about the BS1 but the 2 looks better. Not convinced it is worth 10 Amazon Echo devices though. Certainly sounds better though.

True, it does look better. I like the BS1 portability though, but the sound is a little 'fresh' for me. BS2 was much better in comparison. I'm just glad I bought my brass tone BS1 when I did. They day after it went up from £999 to £1250! The BS1 isn't a £1250 speaker, for me.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 6:09 PM
moxxey:

True, it does look better. I like the BS1 portability though, but the sound is a little 'fresh' for me. BS2 was much better in comparison. I'm just glad I bought my brass tone BS1 when I did. They day after it went up from £999 to £1250! The BS1 isn't a £1250 speaker, for me.

A 25% increase. You are kidding.
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 10:00 PM
Duels:

A 25% increase. You are kidding.

How much!!! It's only priced at £1095 in Ealing and the BS2 is £1485!
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 10:08 PM
moxxey:

No you're right, it's not a £1250 speaker in many B&O stores! For me I wish B&O kept this product at £995 instead of £1095 just to keep it under a grand...
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 10:40 PM

w5bno123:

How much!!! It's only priced at £1095 in Ealing and the BS2 is £1485!

I think the dealer I bought it from was suggesting that was *going* to be their new RRP. I haven't been back since I bought the BS1, which I bought the day or two before the big price increase earlier this year.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:53 PM
Dear all. In the latest sw release 1.12.9531 it's now possible to adapt the bass and treble settings via BeoSetup appBig Smile
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:51 PM
w5bno123:

Dear all. In the latest sw release 1.12.9531 it's now possible to adapt the bass and treble settings via BeoSetup app

Great news!

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:08 PM

And what a change! It's now almost perfect. I put it in corner mode (it's sitting in a corner) and it's not boomy anymore. I even didn't need to adjust bass an trebles in the menu and could deactivate iTunes equalizer that I used to reduce bass frequencies. Lets have a Party !!!

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 262
Bronze Member
SHEFFIELD replied on Fri, Mar 31 2017 2:22 PM

I know I shouldn't do this on here, but I have a limited number of brand new boxed BeoSound 1 in natural aluminium at £950 -  a saving of over 12% or £135!!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Mar 31 2017 8:04 PM

Don't seem able to load the new set up. Have deleted the old one and reloaded but after pressing the Beosound icon, just get a spinning wheel. Most frustrating.

Peter

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 2:13 AM

benoit:

And what a change! It's now almost perfect. I put it in corner mode (it's sitting in a corner) and it's not boomy anymore. I even didn't need to adjust bass an trebles in the menu and could deactivate iTunes equalizer that I used to reduce bass frequencies. Lets have a Party !!!

I agree 100%!  My BeoSound 2 was set to the "wall" position by default, and it is much less boomy, and the mid and highs no longer seem muffled.  I tried a couple different settings for bass and treble, but with the "wall" position I can leave them both at 0.  I will need to play some more songs, but I am very happy with my BeoSound 2!

Thanks for this update B&O!!

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 2:27 AM

I just noticed that they added the ability to pair remotes to the BeoSound 2 now (unless I missed it with the last update...)  B&O has added all the features I wanted!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:36 PM

Finally got it working - had to reset the BS2 twice - tone controls a big improvement - mainly loudness off!

Peter

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:45 PM

I had turned loudness off also.  It's nice to have all these options to fine tune the system to your taste!  After playing many more songs, it sounds wonderful in the probably less-than-ideal location where I have it!

Page 1 of 1 (25 items) | RSS