Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 8000, removal of PCB5

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member
hamacbleu Posted: Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:14 PM

I recently ordered a capacitor kit from Dillen (thanks to him for the excellent services) for my beomaster 8000. Then, I thought that I had found THE technician here in Quebec that could have put these capacitors in place but unfortunately, he stopped doing B&O.... So i'm alone and I try to learn and I hope that one day, i'll be able to do the job all by myself... (bought a soldering iron, practicing on old useless machine etc...)Today, I decided to open that machine and check  how it looks like inside...The only problem was a too hot heat sink on the right side... So I reached that PCB5 and started looking... there are many unplugables, but I was wondering how do you remove that PCB since many of the wires are attached to the big transistors on the heat sink? are you supposed to unsolder all theses wires or are you suppose to remove the pcb together with the cooling tower, in one piece?

Anyway... at that point I decided to close everything. But I was too tempted to play with the trimmers and put back to spec the 18 mv across tp200 and 201 and the 0 mv at the output jack... Eureka! it has worked! no more heat and everythings work fine.... For now....

....But one day or another I'll have to replace those capacitors... and I'll have to know how to remove that pcb properly since the service manual isn't explicit on that....

As always, thank you very much for your help!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:16 PM

Hi,

When I did mine I extracted the whole PCB+heat sink. But I was told by Martin that it was possible to rotate the modules horizontally by 90 degrees (the looms are just long enough to achieve this) and then it's possible to access the underneath, which makes sense. It's tight, but possible.

Jacques

hamacbleu
Top 500 Contributor
Québec, Canada
Posts 194
Bronze Member
hamacbleu replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:47 PM

Thanks Jacques,

I'll definitely check that out next time I'll go there. A similar proposition is in the service manual regarding the left PCB. It makes sense that the same applies to the right channel...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS