Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

"BeoSound Baron" Home-Made

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member
baronvejrup Posted: Fri, Mar 24 2017 4:51 PM

I have for a long time considered the Beosound Moment, but if it should fit my BV14 Smoked Oak and A9 Smoked oak, I had to do something with the wood on the moment... I've tried the moment a few times but I can't seem to figure it out, I think my iPad is a much better tool, for the whole link system in my home... But I do love the look of the moment..

So what to do..

I made my own iPad dock... Here is some pictures of the final product and some of the building process.

It took around 15 hours to do and around 3 days for the oil on the oak to dry.

This was the Oak Block it all came from

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 5:03 PM

Thread moved.
Please keep the General forum section on B&O related topics.

Nice work BTW.

Martin

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 5:12 PM

Very nice, good work! I like it, and it's probably going to be less hassle and more reliable than the Moment sadly.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Dillen:

Thread moved.
Please keep the General forum section on B&O related topics.

Nice work BTW.

Martin

Sorry thought it was a general discussion, but thanks for the move ;-) 

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Jeff:

Very nice, good work! I like it, and it's probably going to be less hassle and more reliable than the Moment sadly.

Thanks Jeff.... I dont have any experience with the stability of the moment, but I didnt like the general usage of the product... and my ipad can control my home with the BeoMusic app, now I just need the new Bang & Olufsen app for iPad and the BeoRemote to work with BV14, then it will be a great succes

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Looks really nice - you are a skilled DIY'er Yes - thumbs up

A few questions, though.

Can the iPad also be placed in there with the screen turned towards you?

If yes, how do you primary use it? Sitting in the dock or just placed with you on the 'coffe table'.

Isn't it rather heavy stuck in that piece of oak?.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Looks really nice - you are a skilled DIY'er Yes - thumbs up

A few questions, though.

Can the iPad also be placed in there with the screen turned towards you?

If yes, how do you primary use it? Sitting in the dock or just placed with you on the 'coffe table'.

Isn't it rather heavy stuck in that piece of oak?.

MM

Hi MM

Yes the iPad Can connect both ways, I usely take the iPad with me and browse songs and when I'm done I'll put it back.

it will only charge if its put in the dock with the oak as front! 

its not really heavy it actually feels like a premium product, like beo4 compared to BeoRemote because of the weight.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

A sophisticated docking station, then ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

A sophisticated docking station, then ;-)

MM

Yep nothing else.

it works great with BeoMusic and hopefully the new bang & Olufsen app will come to iPad soon

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 9:00 AM

Very nice and well made!

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 2:06 PM

baronvejrup:

.... hopefully the new bang & Olufsen app will come to iPad soon

once on an iPhone you can download it on an iPad.

and, of course, a nice work you did 👍

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

TWG:

Very nice and well made!

Thanks TWG Smile

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

egges:

baronvejrup:

Haven't seen it in the iPad store... it only shows up when I search for the app on the iPhone...

And thanks 

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

baronvejrup:

egges:

baronvejrup:

Haven't seen it in the iPad store... it only shows up when I search for the app on the iPhone...

And thanks 

Hi Egges

Found the app on the iPad, it was a setting, I only searched for iPad apps... 

But wow it looks bad, hopefully they will make a specific app for the iPad layout.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, May 12 2017 11:46 AM

Wow that looks great - wish I had those skills as I am looking for something just ike that to hold my ipad.

I also made my own sort of moment when my BM6000 stopped working and I looked for another solution -  I did the following:

Bought a one remote aux expander - this works on B&O commands and gives you three inputs http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/index.php?cPath=3_4 - I use one input for a the one remote internet radio - teh second is for a playmaker and third for my revox B77. The aux expander is programmed for Radio (internet Radio) CD (Playmaker) and A.Tape (Revox) into the Playmaker is plugged a BG 6002 via a Rega Phono stage. So all of this works with a Beo4.

I then connected a Lintronic box to a Beolink Converter and made a lead to feed it directly with link signals - that enabled me to control the whole setup from any link room. I programmed the box to repeat B&O Commands and run a macro that when Phono is selected, calls up the playmaker and switches it to aux in.Because the lintronic repeats the B&O commands it means you can also skip backwards and forwards, or pause within playlists or albums via playmaker which, I set to line level out.

In my music room I installed a Beolink Active which is connected to a Linn LK140 and two M100-2 - the result being that all the messy equipment is intalled in a cabinet and I can simply press radio and the radio station to get internet radio, CD to play playmaker, A.Tape for the revox and Phono for the Beogram. For recording onto the Revox the audio out from the PC input on the BLA is used - It all sounds fantastic and the linn power amp drives the M100-2 beautifully. I can use the system fully from any room and programme it to wake me up in the morning..

I'll try and post a picture but basically managed to get everything I wanted quite simply and without spending a fortune. The ipad is particularly good for music as easy to update, and if it goes wrong just get another, of course it can also be used with iPhone and Android for guests. 

Here is a list of equipment - note that most of it has been bought over a period of time so hasn't been bought in one go - had I bought it in one go it most likely would have been cheaper to just buy a Moment!

Existing Equipment

One Remote Internet Radio

Lintronic Box

Playmaker

Beolink Converter

Beolink Active

Audio bits - Revox, BG6002, M100's

Additional Equipment

One Remote Audio Expander, plus leads to connect everything up.

Linn LK140 to drive the speakers instead of BM6000

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, May 12 2017 12:14 PM

Still some work to do tidying it all up
Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS