Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to create a Beosound 2 (mp3 player) playlist file on MacOS X

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

larsdela
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
larsdela Posted: Sun, Mar 26 2017 9:50 PM

I have just been to a flea market where I bought a Beosound 2 player; I couldn't´t resist it... I bought another one a couple of years ago, and when I tried to get that working, I ran into the same problem:

When copying files manually to the SD card, the player won't play back the files. I somehow managed to install an ancient BeoPlayer on a XP PC back then, and it seems that it, apart from transferring the files to the card, also generated a (hidden) playlist file. It seems that only the tracks listed in this file is playable. The format of the file is semi-readable; I can see roughly see the formatting, but it is not a straightforward text file.

Has anybody succeeded in making a Beosound 2 play back mp3 files copied to the SD card?

I know that it is an old and impractical device, but it certainly has its own charm...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:52 AM
I can't help you right now with details.

However under my handle on the archived forums you will find details on the required directory structures and the restrictions on character strings.

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS