Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

'Various Artist' on the moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Justin Posted: Thu, Mar 30 2017 5:33 AM
Hi guys,

Trying to clean my library so that it reflects perfectly on the moment. Somehow when I navigate to my own collection a fair amount of albums are being placed under the 'Various Artist' tile. However I would like and expect these tracks to show up individually under their artists when I navigate to my collection.

Any idea what is causing this behavior and if I can change it? Must be an ID3 tag or so but I have changed all of them with Yate, including to make sure that album artist is empty and 'part of collection' is unticked.

Thanks

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:31 AM

I had the issue when ripping cd's in iTunes, but that was because of the ID3 tags not being correct. I just changed them in iTunes, and reset the local cache on the Moment, and then all was fine again :)

/Jacob

Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Justin replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:58 AM
Thanks Jacob. I indeed changed tags afterwards and cleaned the cache of the moment as well as Twonky but no help.

Perhaps I should try to remove the files completely, delete cache and add them with again...

Thanks
Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 7:07 AM

Justin:
Thanks Jacob. I indeed changed tags afterwards and cleaned the cache of the moment as well as Twonky but no help.

Perhaps I should try to remove the files completely, delete cache and add them with again...

Thanks

If the ID3 tags are the same on the "various" albums, as the ones that are working, then there must be some "cache" that is not cleared on the Moment.

Is the albums correct in the Twonky interface ?

/Jacob

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:52 AM
Justin:

a fair amount of albums are being placed under the 'Various Artist' tile.

Aren't these albums set as Compilations ? If they are they will appear in VA on the Moment an in Various in Twonky

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Justin replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:35 AM
mbolo01:

Aren't these albums set as Compilations ? If they are they will appear in VA on the Moment an in Various in Twonky BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Have experimented a bit, found 2 artist albums in there which had a wrong tag for some artist having the Moment think they where 'Various albums'. Now there are a couple remaining that actually hold several artists in them but I would expect them to exist under their own artist name.

All tags are just fine. I resetted and upgraded Twonky with no help. In Twonky they appear normal. I don't know what the conditions are for them to show up in the Various Artist section but I will keep doing some more experimenting.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:23 AM

Justin:

All tags are just fine.

Justin - Ca you confirm if these albums have or not the "Part of Compilation" tag set? If it is the case they will appear under various in Twonky and under Various Artists in the Moment.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Apr 1 2017 3:55 PM

This type of thing seems to be the bane of streaming music collection software, I know with iTunes I've had to go in over and over to try and clear out metadata issues that keep songs splayed out over multiple "albums" of the same title instead of all together. Sometimes no matter what I do to make the metadata correct it still won't arrange things properly. I think a lot of the problem, at least for iTunes, is a problem with iTunes, but even more a problem with Gracenotes, which iTunes gets the metadata from when you import an album, I have to think Gracenotes is fubar'd a lot.

Every time I think I finally have all my iTunes stuff sorted out I'll find another album or three that are messed up while browsing through my library. Frustrating.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Really, try Blitz Music tagger. Whatever uncooperative album may be occasionably leftover, I fix it with Media Monkey
Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Justin replied on Sun, Apr 2 2017 7:28 AM
mbolo01:

Justin - Ca you confirm if these albums have or not the "Part of Compilation" tag set? If it is the case they will appear under various in Twonky and under Various Artists in the Moment.

BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

No they indeed do not have that tag. They had in te past but it was removed. Realizing there could be a cache thing I re-configured the Twonky, cleared all caches and let the Moment rebuilt the library with no help.

Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Justin replied on Sun, Apr 2 2017 7:29 AM
I'll give this a try. Up to now I worked with Yate which is a fantastic program. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS