Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Playmaker; I really like it.

rated by 0 users
This post has 51 Replies | 6 Followers

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:20 AM

Chris Harrison:

Is it possible to play music wirelessly from a MacBook to Playmaker to via cable B&O System and then skip the track using the Beo4/5/6 pointing remote at Playmaker - say Macbook was out of sight/ reach?

Yes that is possible. You can also stop the song as well as then resume.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:23 AM

talisman:

Hi,

Which cable is  to be ordered  from the Sound Heavenly, to connect playmaker to my Beosound AUX input ?

This is what you need:

You can then choose a cable to connect this to your Beocenter Aux socket:-

1) For Beocenters with DIN sockets: http://www.soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-5din5din.htm
2) For Beocenters with RCA sockets: http://www.soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-pltoamp.htm

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 54
Bronze Member
talisman replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:40 PM

Thanks for the info mate !

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Hiort:

Chris Harrison:

Is it possible to play music wirelessly from a MacBook to Playmaker to via cable B&O System and then skip the track using the Beo4/5/6 pointing remote at Playmaker - say Macbook was out of sight/ reach?

Yes that is possible. You can also stop the song as well as then resume.

Thanks very much for the reply. That sounds very interesting. What is the best way of killing the AE then I can justify the purchase!

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:57 PM

Dear all,

I am having trouble with the PM and its driving me and my wife mad.

1. All our iOS devices cannot recognise the PM and cannot use airplay to play music. The iOS devices can register the PM after rebooting it but the connection drops soon after. Updating software and reinstalling makes no difference. My iTunes on my computer recognise it but we have ethernet over powerline adapters. Do you think it is a wireless signal issue? My Beolink app set up cannot register the PM.

2. Does anybody uses 3rd party apps on iOS to play their music? So far none is found to my satisfaction, the recommended imediashare cannot control volume. I honestly miss my previous Sonos software which is so easy to use, wireless control on all players using multiple devices.

Does anybody have similiar issues?

thansk
Vince

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:09 PM

jans:
That is exactly what I expect: streaming via Playmaker and other devices such as airport express might not be simulaneous. This can be very annoying for a multi-room set-up.

I am very interested in your test! Keep us posted!

Jan

Did the following test this morning:

Setup

1st floor office: Imac running iTunes, with music stored on a server on the network. Imac is accessing files on the server over the WLAN.

Bottomfloor Livingroom: Playmaker connected to AUX -in on a Beocenter 2. Playmaker connected to the WLAN.

Using Apple Remote on iPhone, to play a song on iMac, and choosing multiple speakers: iMac speakers and Playmaker Airplay.

Result

I could not hear any delays what so ever. I can stand so I really can hear both speakers so I´m 100% there is no delay in such setup.Smile

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:15 PM

vlohjr1:

1. All our iOS devices cannot recognise the PM and cannot use airplay to play music. The iOS devices can register the PM after rebooting it but the connection drops soon after. Updating software and reinstalling makes no difference. My iTunes on my computer recognise it but we have ethernet over powerline adapters. Do you think it is a wireless signal issue? My Beolink app set up cannot register the PM.

Strange. Had some problems initially that looks similar to yours. Suggest that you do a factory reset, and redo the configuration by connecting the Playmaker to your computer with an ethernet cable. Make sure follow the instructions in the manual, e.g. disabling the wireless network on your computer.

That´s the way I had everything working.

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

The absence of delay between main room & link room seems like very good news for me.

I should buy a Playmaker in Australia next week..Smile

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:44 AM
Great news!
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chrisreunion:

The absence of delay between main room & link room seems like very good news for me.

I should buy a Playmaker in Australia next week..

woohoo ;)

Goodonyamate
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 10:25 AM

Hiort,

phoned the dealer and suggested changing the channels in my wireless router. seems to be more stable so fingers crossed

thanks for the suggestion.

VInce

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 3:31 PM
vlohjr1:

Hiort,

phoned the dealer and suggested changing the channels in my wireless router. seems to be more stable so fingers crossed

thanks for the suggestion.

VInce

Okay, hope it works out for you.

Page 2 of 2 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS