Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Existing equipment

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai Posted: Tue, Jun 13 2017 2:35 PM
I have and old customer who is wanting to keep his masterlink system, he has been told if he changes the ir eyes and the remote he will be able to listen to the music from his phone, as far as I'm aware I did not think that was possible, do then mean by connecting the black/ml convertor it would then be comparable?

Kai
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sorry - I am not quite sure, that I have understood the entire post.

However, creating a possibility to 'listen to the music from his phone' should be relatively simple.

If the audiomaster in the ML-setup has a free input (Aux/A.Tape...), he can connect an AirPlay receiver (if iOS), a ChromeCast Audio device (if Android OS or a modern Bluetooth receiver to that and distribute the sound on the ML-system.

The simplest solution would be to connect the output of the phone directly to this input using an adapter cable.

(My suggestion would be to add an Essence (2nd gen)/only the box - which would provide all three options in one device).

However he should be aware that Bluetooth has a limited range and that AirPlay/Chromecasting needs a working wireless network...

....and that a direct connection is rather unconvenient ;-(

No need to change ir-eyes or the remote in this case.

The problem could be, that some ML-linkroom products do not 'understand' the Aux-command.

To give further information here, would require more details of the setup.

But ---- maybe I did not understand the question?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Kai,

I think I see what you mean - your customer wants to be able to make direct connections in each link room to the Beolink Passive/Active boxes to let him use the existing speakers with a phone, without needing a B&O main product?  Or maybe he wishes to keep the B&O system in place and add a connection from a phone to it?

Basically, if you can please let us know the full layout of the equipment on a room-by-room basis (as in the example below) then I will be pleased to advise on the options available:-

Example:

Lounge = Beosound 9000, 2 x Beolab 8000 speakers

Kitchen = Beolink Passive with IR eye, 2 x Kef Ci50R speakers

Bedroom = Beolink Active with IR eye, 2 x Beolab 6000 speakers

This type of information allows us to get a correct picture of the situation, so that we can advise you correctly.  I look forward to hearing the full details of the system so that I can assist you further.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:13 PM
Hi

You are right in what you say, the best idea and simplest would be to use his 3200 aux socket then simply use sonos etc, it he is looking for a multi room system without the masterlink, if I'm correct in saying this he has active kits with active speakers, so he could use aux in press cd and then the sonos or chrome cast would work. But in the main room he has an old avant which he is changing for a sony led tv which he wants to keep the active speakers, have you heard of the almando they do a device that allows you to use bang and olufsen speakers with a non bang and olufsen tv
kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:22 PM
Hi Steve

Here is the list

Sitting room – TV Avant 32" new Sony 65”/75” ; plus existing pair of Beolab 8000 ; plus 2 additional B&O speakers (maybe another paid of 8000s plus additional B&O base Can we control the speakers from the TVs, and can B&O remotes be used to control both Sony TVs and sound

Lounge - pair of gold Beolab 4000 with an eye. Replace eye with one that connects to ipad or iphone and wifi and cloud etc.

Games Room - pair of silver Beolab 4000 with an eye. Replace eye with one that connects to ipad or iphone and wifi and cloud etc.

Dinning Room - pair of silver Beolab 4000 with an eye. Replace eye with one that connects to ipad or iphone and wifi and cloud etc.

Kitchen/Breakfast Room - Beovision 6 new Sony 35”/45” plus 2 additional B&O wall speakers (Assuming we can control the speakers from the TVs).

Bedroom - TV Beovision 7 with built in DVD Player new Sony 55”/65” ; plus existing B&O speaker

Upstairs Study - Beolab 3500. Can we connect to an eye that connects to ipad

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Kai,

Thanks for this.  By far the best option is to add a B&O music system with Masterlink (eg. Beosound 3000) in the Sitting room to give control of all the linked rooms.  This way, no changes are needed in any other room, an iPad or the new TV can then be played easily to any room via the Beosound.

There isn't any way to replace the IR eyes in the link room, if you wanted to remove the Masterlink network and connect an iPad locally in each room then this should be done with a direct cable from the iPad to a pair of speakers instead, without using the Beolink Actives.  It is worth noting that the B&O remote cannot control a non-B&O TV.

Basically, you have three options in the Sitting room if you change the TV for a non-B&O version:-

1) Connect two Beolab speakers to the headphone socket of the TV for stereo sound, with volume control from the TV remote, or

2) Connect the TV and all of the Beolab speakers to the Beosound music system (as mentioned above) for stereo sound through all speakers, with volume control from the B&O remote, or

3) Add an external AV receiver with pre-out sockets (expect to pay from around £500 GBP in the UK) to allow all of the speakers to be connected for full surround sound with control from the receiver remote control.

I can (of course!) provide cables for any of the above options.  If you can please let me know your preferred option, I will be pleased to advise on the cabling required.

Kind regards, Steve

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:30 AM
kai:

Hi

You are right in what you say, the best idea and simplest would be to use his 3200 aux socket then simply use sonos etc, it he is looking for a multi room system without the masterlink, if I'm correct in saying this he has active kits with active speakers, so he could use aux in press cd and then the sonos or chrome cast would work. But in the main room he has an old avant which he is changing for a sony led tv which he wants to keep the active speakers, have you heard of the almando they do a device that allows you to use bang and olufsen speakers with a non bang and olufsen tv

beware as it is not always possible to call up the aaux socket from some link products.
kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Wed, Jun 14 2017 9:24 AM
Hi Steve

I will speak with him to see what he wants to do, but I'm I correct in saying that if he has active kit I could use the spare socket to plug in a sonos or heos unit hit pc command then sonos/ heo would come through. For the main room what amp would you suggest?
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi kai,

I would suggest looking at the Pioneer SC-LX59, Denon AVR-X3300, Yamaha RX-A830 or RX-V775 or Onkyo TX-NR828 AV processors/receivers, all of which have audio pre-out sockets for easy connection of Beolab speakers for a Dolby surround sound setup.

If you use a Beosound in the main room (or a Beolink Converter) to act as the master product for the Masterlink network, then you can either add a Sonos Connect or Denon Heos Link in the main room to play into all rooms, or you can use the PC socket on each Beolink Active link room box to play one of these devices into just that room.

Please drop me an email when you are ready to look at the cabling and we can go through what you need in detail.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

kai:

I will speak with him to see what he wants to do, but I'm I correct in saying that if he has active kit I could use the spare socket to plug in a sonos or heos unit hit pc command then sonos/ heo would come through.

Quite right - he can use the 'PC' port of the BL Active/s to connect any audio device.

It could be a Sonos/Heos/Playmaker/Essence etc etc.

This input is activated using the PC command on the Beo4.

Essentially you use the Active kit and the speakers as an amp/speaker solution.

(Steve can supply just the right cable for this, I know).

He can control the volume in 2 ways =

1: If the output of the audio device is set to fixed line-out, the Beo4 is used exclusively.

2: If not, the volume can be controlled via the app (that controls the audio device). Be sure to find a matching volume level of the BL Active using the Beo4 and let it stay so.

P.S. There is no need to disconnect the MasterLink - the sources of the central BeoMasters (if still any available) can be used along with this, and no ir-eye must be changed.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Wed, Jun 14 2017 12:58 PM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi kai,

I would suggest looking at the Pioneer SC-LX59, Denon AVR-X3300, Yamaha RX-A830 or RX-V775 or Onkyo TX-NR828 AV processors/receivers, all of which have audio pre-out sockets for easy connection of Beolab speakers for a Dolby surround sound setup.

If you use a Beosound in the main room (or a Beolink Converter) to act as the master product for the Masterlink network, then you can either add a Sonos Connect or Denon Heos Link in the main room to play into all rooms, or you can use the PC socket on each Beolink Active link room box to play one of these devices into just that room.

Please drop me an email when you are ready to look at the cabling and we can go through what you need in detail.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor the BeoWorld forums!

What about this?

https://almando.com/index.php/b-o/almando-multiplay-surround-decoder.html
kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 362
Bronze Member
kai replied on Wed, Jun 14 2017 1:02 PM
I did see that, however it's the price I will have a look at the pioneer denon amps I think that it's very expensive and limited to what you can do with the amp
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS