Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BC9300-Sliding door for cassette jammed and doesn't open

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
9300 Posted: Sun, Jun 18 2017 10:03 AM

Hi all,

this question regards the cassette sliding door mechanism on the beocenter 9300, which was serviced recently and all working before it was packed and shipped. Unpacking the unit I notice the mirrored door is slightly recessed on the far right hand side on the cassette door. I can hear the mechanism trying to open the cassette door but it is jammed. I suspect physical damage to the mechanism because it's slightly recessed. On the other side of the unit the CD sliding door opens and closes. Everything else works on the beocenter except the sliding cassette door. I recall a manual method of opening the cassette door if necessary. Any thoughts on if this is recommended and if so how to do this. Cheers Sam

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 10:15 AM

You can fit a flat-bladed screwdriver through a hole at the extreme lower front of the Beocenter and rotate the
shaft that drives the door (Beocenter disconnected from mains!).
But if the door itself has jammed, this won't help.
If the door is sitting high compared to the center panel, it could have come lose from its clips.

Martin

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
9300 replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 10:59 AM

Thank you Martin,

when using the screw driver should the rotation be clockwiseand anticlockwise ?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 2:30 PM

For the cassette door;
Anticlockwise to open.
Clockwise to close.

Don't force it if it doesn't want to go anywhere. You will just risk breaking something and make the repair more difficult.

Martin 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
9300 replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 2:59 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 3:15 PM

As you're a Gold member the service manual is available for download on this site - if you are reasonably technically competent it may help.

I just had a quick look and unfortunately the manual for the 9300 has the 'disassembly' part missing, but you should be able to follow the 9500 instructions to put the BeoCenter in the 'service position', with the front panel rotated upwards so that you can see what is going on with the door mechanism.

Here's a picture from when I last serviced my BC9500, so you can see what I mean.  Note that I have removed the upper and lower glass control/display panels - these can often be loose because the glue perishes with age.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 5:50 PM

Playing danish music - nice touch.

Martin

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Jun 18 2017 7:18 PM

Dillen:

Playing danish music - nice touch.

Martin

Ha, ha. Yes, well spotted Martin!  That was when I lived in Denmark, before Germany, and before Romania ... 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS