Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Loose screw sound Audi B&O

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Hanzo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Hanzo Posted: Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:50 AM

Hello Bang & Olufsen friends,

Three 3 years ago, I ordered an Audi from the dealership and took the $2500 / 1600GDP for the extra Bang & Olufsen audio speakers.  After 3 years of usage, I never even reached 80% full volume, knowing that the B&O could easily bust and break; only 1/2 potential of all equalizers are set for usage. From day one of using, several songs played, would sound like if a screw was loose.  Other songs sounded perfect.  Having been so excited to have it, and only several songs did the loose screw sound, I never brought it in to complain.

However, yesterday that loose screw sound on several songs got on my nerves and I know that I took the BEST of care of my speakers, that I have never abused them in any way.  

My question to you guys, how to fix this loose screw sound in the driver bottom left side sub hysterically annoying sound?  

Thank you for your assistance

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 12:46 PM

sounds like it might be a loose panel in your car rather than a speaker problem as such. 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Hanzo,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Audis are normally VERY well made, I've never had a squeak or rattle from any of mine.  Reminds me of this old VW commercial from the 1990's:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-KJ5-KNQk

See if you can pin-point the location of the noise and then identify which particular sounds or driving conditions cause it to be heard.  Many smart phones can run apps that will generate tones of specific frequencies, apps like this can be very useful for tracing speaker faults if you connect the phone to the car audio system.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Hanzo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Hanzo replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:13 PM

I pinpointed where the loose screw sound came from, trying to specifically find which one of the B&O speakers in the car it was coming from.  The sound came from the drivers lower sub that is stuck on the door.  I was thinking if there was some tiny piece that has to be screwed harder to stop twitching while the bass hits

Hanzo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Hanzo replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:15 PM

Thank you for your reply Steve.  Would you happen to know of an application for the iPhone that could help me resolve this?

Hanzo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Hanzo replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:35 PM

Great VW commercial  ;) Thanks for the laugh

Hanzo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Hanzo replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:36 PM

Great VW commercial  ;) Thanks for the laugh

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Hanzo,

No problem!  If you would like to upload a picture of the part that seems to be causing the noise, I can check if I have any details of the fittings.  Sometimes, over-tightening a fitting can cause more problems than them working loose.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS