Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

"Ranking" of Beoplay speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Mattias N
Not Ranked
Stockholm
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Mattias N Posted: Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:14 PM

While the "rankning" of Beolab speakers is quite clear I find the Beoplay range a bit confusing. The naming is all over the place and I'm not sure the price corresponds to performance either. 

I've had a pair of Beoplay S3 which I've been quite happy with, at that price point. For those of you that have listened to other Beoplay speakers, how would you rank/rate a _pair_ of S3's vs. an M5, an A6 or possibly a Beolit 15?

Regards,

Mattias

Gary
Top 500 Contributor
Dublin, Ohio
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Gary replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:48 PM

I well understand pretty well what you write in regards to the difference in Beolab and Beoplay speakers. There has never been any challenge at all to my ears in noticing the sound performance between a Beolab 9 vs Beolab 12-2; etc. Over the past year as I grow fonder of the multiroom experience, I have purchased a Beoplay A6, M5 and most recently a Beosound 2, and am contemplating a Beoplay A9. Frankly, none (even the Beousound 2) measures up to any of my Beolab active loudspeakers. However, I find the M5's bass response somewhat muffled and not nearly as crisp as that of both the A6 and Beosound 2. I purchased a Beolit 15 two years ago and use it as a portable device. I find that its bass is somewhat lacking, and yet yields an amazing performance for any type of music played in a loud mode. I have only listened to the S-3's in a B&O showroom, so I cannot give them an accurate assessment or compare them to the other Beoplay speakers. If I were going to advise on a purchase given all variables including room size, options for placement, portability; etc., I would spend the extra money for the Beoplay A6 which is my favorite. --- Hope that my answer clarifies just a bit. 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:54 PM

Mattias N:
While the "ranking" of Beolab speakers is quite clear...
Really? Huh?

Well, of course the BL90s may sound better than the BS1, but will you install a pair of it in your 9m² kitchen ?

Mattias N:
For those of you that have listened to other Beoplay speakers, how would you rank/rate a _pair_ of S3's vs. an M5, an A6 or possibly a Beolit 15?
I didn't, but in my opinion, the sole way for you to be sure, is to test this by yourself.

It's a matter of taste, habits and usages. You're the best person to answer your question.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS