Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Converting US Beogram 1700 to use in France?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter1
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Peter1 Posted: Fri, Sep 7 2012 9:42 PM

Hello, first post...

We have just moved to France from the US, and I brought my Beogram 1700 -- at this point it qualifies as vintage, I guess -- along. I'd like to use it here, but obviously the voltage and herz are different (240/50 here vs. 120/60 in US). I know I can get a converter -- but I'm a little leery of actually using the turntable.

Does anyone have experience doing this? Is there a specific model/brand of converter I should be looking for? (I'm in Paris)

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:41 PM

Hi Peter and welcome to Beoworld.

The user manual states that the Beogram 1700 was supplied from the factory set up for use between 180 - 265 volts and was internally rewired for the US markets 110 volts.  It should be a relatively straightforward job to rewire it back to factory settings.  I'm sure other members such as Soren or Dillen can help with this one.  There should be no need to use a step up/step down voltage convertor/invertor.  

Once rewired I think it should be OK with the speed setting of the electronic servo drive.  I hope others can help.

Upgrading membership to Silver or Gold gives you access to the online user and service manuals.

Dave.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Dave Farr:
Upgrading membership to Silver or Gold gives you access to the online user and service manuals.

But we help anyway, just to show you what you can find in the manuals Big Smile

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Now you see why I suggest people like Soren and Dillen!  Great job Soren.  The jumper switch change should be easy enough to do.

Enjoy your Beogram and while you're at it, give it a good internal clean and lubrication.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS