Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beosound8+ Rega RP1 turntable, good idea?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Jcg001
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Jcg001 Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2012 1:10 AM

Hi, I've been thinking about buying my girlfriend a Beosound 8 and also a Rega RP1 vinyl turntable. Please, pardon my ignorance, but would it be possible to plug directly that turntable on to the line-in via phono entrance of the Beosound8? Thanks a lot for shedding some light on this subject as all I know is that the Rega turntable doesn't have a built-in pre-amp.

Thanks a lot

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 1:21 AM

Ooh that's posh stuff ;) you must really care about your GF Whistle - the answer should be in connection it selves (line in) , but don't just take my worth for it - I'm unfamiliar with Rega RP1 record deck - one way or the other - nowhere is mentioned need of pre-amp and shall the need arise they quiet affordable on eBay, etc,  but I would personally go for record player / turntable from B&O (plenty on eBay) if you want to get Beosound Wink

here's more: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/sound/sound-systems/beosound-8 & http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/turntables/rega-rp1-720000/review ...

Don't worry - be Happy

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Jcg001:

Hi, I've been thinking about buying my girlfriend a Beosound 8 and also a Rega RP1 vinyl turntable. Please, pardon my ignorance, but would it be possible to plug directly that turntable on to the line-in via phono entrance of the Beosound8? Thanks a lot for shedding some light on this subject as all I know is that the Rega turntable doesn't have a built-in pre-amp.

Thanks a lot

You will need a preamp

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

But why not look here, and get an elegant good sounding TT to less than half the price of a Rega

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS