Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

STB Brackets Competition Winners...

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE Posted: Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:23 PM

Hello Everybody!

As promised, we have the results from the STB Brackets 'Win a Lutron Rania for your ideas' competition - and here they are..

All suggestions were submitted to Mr G. Sykes Esq (owner of STB Brackets) and were duly pondered over. I can reveal that every single good idea (including all three of the winners ideas) were already dreamed up by the STB boffins - and a couple were actually at early prototype stage (with one idea being shelved last year) - and thanks to the competition it will be resurrected.

So, it seems great minds think alike...  

Without further delay, here are the winners..

1) Member : madskp

How about a bracket for a Power strip combined with some kind of compartment to hide the cables from the Power Strip. Problem with most power strips is that there is no way to mount them.

I know it has to be adjustable in some way to fit all the different types of power strips (American/British/European/?)

2) Member : Soren Mexico

We need a horizontal "BAR" with holes to attach different attachments, like 2 tubes or square tubes to place like a BM 4000 or BM 5000 or which ever device that has to be placed horizontally, Also attachment to place a stack system or the devices that can be hung vertically or at 45 degrees. And since we like our music also a possibility to hang a board below the Items if wanted

The Base Bar has to be available in different length like 600,800, 1000 Mm. and diff. colors like Black, white and aluminum. Maybe smaller ones for book shelf speakers

The Base Bar has to have space for cables, enough space to easily get cables in and out, maybe 75 x 40 Mm. The 75 Mm. also to give some stability when attached to a wall,

For cable runs, horizontally or vertically beside the base bar, there has to be cable channels available in the same colors and diff. length. Also constructed to easy placement of cables. like lid of, place cable, lid on.

The horizontal base bar and the attachments has to be as "invisible" as possible when the items are placed on the attachments.

So my suggestion: Base bar and Attachments for all Beo models

3) Member : Michael

I'd like a stand for the V1 that doesnt raise the height but keeps the screen upright and doesn't tilt,so you can place it on a chest of drawers and watch it in bed.

So - there you have them. The three ideas which were deemed the most useful to the B&O user and also the most practical to produce and sell !!

Gavin would like to personally thank everyone who took the time to think and enter the competition and pass on the collective thanks of the STB Brackets team who followed the competition thread with keen interest!  The opinions of the "illuminati" of BeoWorld really matter !!

Many thanks from me too to everyone who participated. It's great that we have members who will happily give as well as take - and it makes it all the more sweet when there's a prize at the end of it for them I'm sure !!!

Would the three winners please email me at beoworld_admin@mac.com with a preferred delivery address, and i'll make sure Gavin at STB Brackets gets your details in order to send your new Lutron Rania's straight out to you.

STB Brackets have also promised to update us with all current developments on the products our three winners have suggested - so watch this space.

Finally - once again, Thank You to STB Brackets for running this competition - it's always great to be able to give away free stuff. We like that!

Lee

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:00 AM

That's brilliant news (especially for Soren he he) - great job you guys !

Don't worry - be Happy

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Robob204:

B

Yay
Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 11:26 AM

For all of you really, but Soren "I know" little Wink

Don't worry - be Happy

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 12:06 PM

My username is also Michael, and I also have a V1, but I think it was the other Michael that said that about the V1 stand. But I also really want a lutron so I can control the light in my bedroom where my V1 is Yes - thumbs up 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 12:39 PM

Michael:

My username is also Michael, and I also have a V1, but I think it was the other Michael that said that about the V1 stand. But I also really want a lutron so I can control the light in my bedroom where my V1 is Yes - thumbs up 

Well, you can actually buy one from STB Brackets Smile

Lee

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 12:52 PM

9 LEE:

Well, you can actually buy one from STB Brackets Smile

Lee

Yes that is better than nothing Big Smile but I´m not sure it is the best way since I live in Sweden but I was going to order a dvd-mount for the V1 but I havent bought the player yet. 

I have been wanting a wall bracket for the V1 that tilts down instead of to the right or left. For high mounting in a bedroom. Now my TV is a bit high and I don't get the exact right colours since it is not tilted town. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 1:58 PM

Michael:
Robob204:

B

CONGRATS MATE !!

Yay

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 1:59 PM

And congrats for Soren too

BeoNut since '75