Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Deezer HiFi

rated by 0 users
This post has 107 Replies | 8 Followers

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 22 2017 8:49 AM

David Coyne:

No where on my B&O App though does it say it is playing in FLAC Lossless. I'm using version 1.2.0.9900

It must show FLAC on the right of the Deezer logo on top of the album cover in the now playing screen 

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member

No it doesn't say anything at all. Im not using a beta version of the B&O app though.

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

LeMirage
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member
LeMirage replied on Sun, Oct 22 2017 9:33 AM

Can we expect this to work also with BV11?

at the moment i cant get standard Deezer to work via BV 11; the B&O app just gives fault message that this service is not supported by the selected device when playing a song.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 22 2017 10:12 AM

David Coyne:

No it doesn't say anything at all. Im not using a beta version of the B&O app though.

The version you have handles the FLAC indicator, I'm using the same.

What device do you use to stream Deezer? It works on my Moment, M5 and A6.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member

I'm using deezer from my moment. I can't see any indicator on the app or the moment that suggests it is streaming in FLAC. 

The two reasons i think  i am streaming in FLAC are:

1. My deezer account confirms I've purchased HI FI

2. The sound seems better.

Perhaps i need to update to IOS 11.0.3?

All my bang and olufsen products have up too date software according to beotool

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 22 2017 11:41 AM

David Coyne:
I'm using deezer from my moment. I can't see any indicator on the app or the moment that suggests it is streaming in FLAC

In order to see the indicator on the Moment you need to be on the Beta version of the Moment, which could also be the reason why you don't see it on the App, which is up to date in your case.

As i posted earlier I do think that even if not displayed on the JB, the streaming should be HiFi as your device can handle it, I may be wrong but your ears  (like mine) are hearing the difference.

Maniax
Not Ranked
Singapore
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Maniax replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 2:54 AM

I have both a Beosound 2(updated firmware) and a non beta Moment (old firmware).

when  I play through my b&o app, it shows flac for my beosound 2 but not my Moment.

i suspect the Moment still can’t play flac unless it is using beta firmware.

Beolab 5 Final Edition, Beosound Moment

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:49 AM

Maniax:
i suspect the Moment still can’t play flac unless it is using beta firmware.

..... or can't report about it

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member

Hi

Interestingly if i use my beoplay 6 or Beocentre 1 as 'lead speaker' in multi room and play deezer it displays FLAC on the B&O App. If i select my moment or my beocentre 2 (connected by an essence) and play deezer the App doesn't say FLAC, even though i assume FLAC is distributed through each speak and system.

David

Beophile
Not Ranked
USA
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Beophile replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 5:29 PM

In my system, I have an essence Mk2, a BeoSound 35, an M5, a Moment, and an Avant Mk1. I am located in the US, I have upgraded to Deezer HiFi, have all my devices running their respective current software, and I am using only the public release of the moment software and the B&O app. 

Today, I tried using the B&O app to play Deezer via the B&O app on each of my devices. I could only get the FLAC indicator to display on the B&O app when I played Deezer via the B&O app on the M5.  When I played Deezer via the B&O app on each of the essence Mk2, the BeoSound 35, the Moment, and the Avant Mk1, the FLAC indicator did not display on the B&O app. 

However, when I played Deezer via the B&O app on the M5 (with the FLAC indicator displayed on the B&O app), and I added other multiroom devices, it played and continued to display the FLAC indicator on the B&O app regardless of what other multiroom devices I added. 

My best guess is that the B&O app and the M5 has been upgraded to support Deezer HiFi, but that other devices have not yet had the software update to support this.  People testing the beta Moment software say it supports Deezer HiFi, so I believe Deezer HiFi support is coming in the next software update. The question I have is whether Deezer HiFi support will be coming to the essence Mk2, BeoSound 35, and Avant Mk1.  It is possible the devices support Deezer HiFi, and all that is missing is the indication that FLAC is playing.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:00 PM

@Beophile: you are more or less spot on. The following products are updates as pr now: A6, A9 2nd gen, M5, BS1+2 and the Core.

A software update for the BeoSound Essence 2nd gen. and BeoSound 35 will follow in the next couple of weeks.

A free trial offer for Deezer HiFi will be offered by B&O when the last two products have joined. 

Roger

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Tue, Oct 24 2017 6:03 PM

And to avoid any confusion as I left out the Moment: The Moment will be Deezer HiFi compatible, too - but the only BeoVision to receive this update will be the Eclipse.

Roger

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 10:31 AM

Seems like the Deezer Hifi offer is finally official.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/deezer-hifi

I'm unable to upgrade, however. I select "explore the Deezer Hifi offer", and then "start your 30 day trial" under the Hifi heading. I'm then taken to a page where it says that I already have Deezer Premium+, and I'm being taken to my music feed.

Same thing happened when I tried to upgrade through Hiort's link a couple of weeks ago, but then I didn't think much about it. Does anybody else have this problem?

-h.

hostler
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 1:45 PM

I just tried, and got an error about not being eligible for the free trial, but it looked like I could upgrade my premium+ account OK.

One thing I noticed in the small print was that new subs were immediate and no refunds / credit from any previous subscription could be claimed - as my premium+ monthly sub was taken YESTERDAY I would have effectively been charged twice this month - £9.99 for premium+ and then ANOTHER £9.99 to start a (discounted) HiFi sub.

Ran out of time today to pursue - but will look later - but see check the small print and you renewal dates!

Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member

Signed up the other day as a new customer in the UK, working well with my Beosound 2, still playing with it as deezer is new to me.

I dont seem to be able to see ‘flow’ in the B&O app, quite like it on the deezer app. I assume it’s locked down by B&O? 

Thanks for the links 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:28 AM

after a good night sleep Deezer is streaming FLAC..........

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 9:54 AM

Henrik:

I'm unable to upgrade, however. I select "explore the Deezer Hifi offer", and then "start your 30 day trial" under the Hifi heading. I'm then taken to a page where it says that I already have Deezer Premium+, and I'm being taken to my music feed.

Same thing happened when I tried to upgrade through Hiort's link a couple of weeks ago, but then I didn't think much about it. Does anybody else have this problem?

Thought of a thing: Maybe it's because I subscribe through Apple's app store? I checked, and this month expires in just five days anyway, so I cancelled the auto-renewal og the subscription and will now wait for it to expire. After it has, I'll try the Hifi offer again.

-h.

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Deezer Elite or Hifi is working fine for me here in Denmark .... finally after so many years waiting...

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 126
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 9:20 AM

Yes, ditto here. Very happy with it Smile

Thanks to Hjort for the tip on seaching for Hifi in Deezer. Up comes playlists of songs with high sound quality. I must say that just on my A6, it sounds very good. I listened for hours this weekend. No listening fatigue.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 9:52 AM

jimcaj:

Yes, ditto here. Very happy with it Smile

Thanks to Hjort for the tip on seaching for Hifi in Deezer. Up comes playlists of songs with high sound quality. I must say that just on my A6, it sounds very good. I listened for hours this weekend. No listening fatigue.

Great to hear it worked out.

It is certainly a difference I would say. :)

And with all our great music gear, you of course want to feed it with the best possible source :)

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

bs206
Not Ranked
Posts 66
Bronze Member
bs206 replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 7:04 PM

Is the Moment software updated yet? Or can you only play HIFI by using the B&O App for the Moment?

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 8:19 PM
Does Deezer HiFi work with the Essence II ?

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 54
Bronze Member
talisman replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:25 AM

Yes!, if you have latest beta app from B&O. 

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 54
Bronze Member
talisman replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:25 AM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 8:02 AM
Henrik:

Seems like the Deezer Hifi offer is finally official.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/deezer-hifi

-h.

Yes I had the Premium issue

I believe my subscription has now lapsed

So I thought I would be good to go on this offer

BUT seemingly it is not supported by the Essence mark II !

I better rush out and buy a Core this weekend !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 8:08 AM
talisman:

Thanks

And Carolpa too - his screen shot shows FLAC with an Essence

I think I’ll give it a go now !!!

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:02 AM
Yay !

Thank you B&O ...

BeoNut since '75

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 10:51 PM
After confirmation by my B&O dealer that Deezer HiFi is supporters by the Essence Mk2 I took the B&O offer and subscribed.

And yes, it works.

FLAC !

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 10:51 PM
No beta app required.

- Flere

Liverpoolpete
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Not working on my Moment software version 2.1.14259.227545617.

When will the Moment get this update?Whistle
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 9:05 AM
David Coyne:

Hi

Interestingly if i use my beoplay 6 or Beocentre 1 as 'lead speaker' in multi room and play deezer it displays FLAC on the B&O App. If i select my moment or my beocentre 2 (connected by an essence) and play deezer the App doesn't say FLAC, even though i assume FLAC is distributed through each speak and system.

David

Hi! I have somewhat the same issue. Can anybody advise? I finally got to upgrade to Deezer Hifi the last week, but can't find any information anywhere that my Moment actually plays lossless music.

I have a Beosound Moment that is now off the beta track, so I understand that the "FLAC" indicator won't show there. My Moment currently runs 2.1.14259.227545617.

However, I would expect the "FLAC" indicator to show up in the B&O app, after having seen many of your screenshots in this thread. No such logo here. Not a Deezer logo without the "FLAC" either, I might add. I'm enclosing a screenshot.

I run the B&O app version 1.2.0.9868 on my iPad air 2 and 1.3.0.10720 on my iPhone X. Same story both places.

Anyone?

-h.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 10:02 AM
Henrik

On my Essence that recording does show up as FLAC

Can you check that you signed out and signed in again with upgraded DEEZER account ?

BeoNut since '75

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 10:28 AM
elephant:

Henrik

On my Essence that recording does show up as FLAC

Can you check that you signed out and signed in again with upgraded DEEZER account ?

BeoNut since '75

Signed out and in again, both on the moment and the app, as well as restarted. No change. 🤔

-h.
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 10:30 AM
...and account is definitely Deezer Hifi now, according to the account page in the Deezer app...

-h.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:26 AM
Henrik:

...and account is definitely Deezer Hifi now, according to the account page in the Deezer app...

-h.

And can you hear any difference compared to standard Deezer?
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:44 AM

That's, with no doubt, the most difficult (and controversial) question I restrained myself to ask...

It's so hard to compare, and so... unnecessary too. But everybody wants to do that anyway Stick out tongue

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 12:18 PM
CB:

That's, with no doubt, the most difficult (and controversial) question I restrained myself to ask...

It's so hard to compare, and so... unnecessary too. But everybody wants to do that anyway

Fair point, and I accept that sound is so subjective. But Deezer hifi is a different product that costs twice as much (although that doesn’t matter to me particularly). I was just intrigued to hear someone’s opinion.

When I first listened to Spotify on my BS5 and compared it to CDs in blind tests I found I preferred some songs on CD and some on Spotify. Why I cannot say.
Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member
Difficult to say but listening to AC/DC - back to back album and it sounds fantastic!

RIP Malcolm

Swapped from Spotify to Deezer hifi the other week, thanks to the link provided by Hiort on this thread - I just fancied a change, nothing more to it than that for me really.
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:51 PM
Duels:

Well, I’d like to say yes... Cool

...but I’ve read to much about perception and cognitive biases to trust myself in this... Whistle

Honestly, I haven’t got the faintest idea.

-h.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Nov 20 2017 8:57 AM
Duels:

I believe I can ... especially if in a stream of FLAC the odd non-FLAC track pops up !

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 3 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS