Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision mx 5500 with Beolink - doesnt react

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

MadsSwim
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
MadsSwim Posted: Sun, Sep 16 2012 3:19 PM

I just got and old beovision mx 5500 and it has been working really good.

But today I was fiddling with the remote (beolink 1000) and suddently it got stuck with the little indicator that shows when changing volume stuck on the screen. 

I can do nothing. Not even turn off the tv with the remote. 

I managed to fiddle with it so it worked a bit, but then it got back to the screen with the "volume indicater"

Heeeelp - what do I have to do to make it work again??

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
Posts 226
Bronze Member
Langleyav replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 4:19 PM

I had a similar problem once, and it turned out to be the beolink1000 which was radiation the volume down key continuously without touching the remote at all. Take the remote into another room and see if the problem stops.

Ron

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 4:24 PM

... and/or view the end of the remote with a camera phone or webcam - you will be able to see the IR transmitter lit up if it is permanently sending an IR signal.

MadsSwim
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
MadsSwim replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 5:49 PM

Well - so far so good. 

If I hide the remote the indicator goes away. But that doesnt really solve my problem. 

I need to be able to use the remote to swap to av and get signal from my receiver box. 

How do I get it to stop sending signals constantly? ( I have tried taking the batteries out and  touching all bottons. - have not yet thrown the remote against the wall...)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 8:02 PM

There are 6 small cross head screws in the back - another two are under the battery cover - total 8.  Unscrew these and carefully take the remote apart to clean as they can get quite gunged up over the years and the volume button may simply be sticking.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS