Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

The Bang and Olufsen of bank accounts.....

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member
Chris Harrison Posted: Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:25 AM

Who might they be then? Who do you bank with?

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 1:44 PM

Chris Harrison:
Who might they be then?

surely Shirley 'tis these folks ?

BeoNut since '75

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 2:19 PM

I have Private Banking with Lloyds which is all very nice in that i get to speak to the same person and have access to all sorts of services, but they charge for the privilege! Sometimes wonder if I would not be better off with a very basic account! Banks always seem to have lots of money and I don't!! Coutts are just a part of Nat West  these days.

Peter

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

My first thought? Huh? I mean, how do you analogize any B&o virtues (or lack thereof) to the world of finance?

Then it hit me.

My accounts are all LINKED to various clothing, shoe, and jewelry stores.

The REMOTE COMMANDER raises the volume in her closet while lowering the volume in the accounts.

There is no TWO WAY communication except for a little LOUDNESS -and all I have left is OPTION 0.

Then I email Dillen for advice and some SPARE change.

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 6:15 PM

I'd say Handelsbanken AB from Sweden.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 6:49 PM

The Cooperative - they at least claim to act and invest responsibly and ethically!Unsure

Ban boring signatures!

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:23 PM

1 happy customer here :) - only have basic on-line version (suit me as they don't let me out much Huh? ) and happy to pay monthly subscription as that's all I ever have to pay (no charges or fees for just about anything you don't dare think off, such at Lloyds Peter - hint hint Wink - but no relevance whatsoever as all my money seem to go to B&O's anyway  DevilBig Smile

Puncher:

The Cooperative - they at least claim to act and inverts responsibly and ethically!Unsure

Don't worry - be Happy

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:25 PM

Big Smile rofl, bless "poor ole Martin" 

ɓʋɾɑɳɫɘɮ:

My first thought? Huh? I mean, how do you analogize any B&o virtues (or lack thereof) to the world of finance?

Then it hit me.

My accounts are all LINKED to various clothing, shoe, and jewelry stores.

The REMOTE COMMANDER raises the volume in her closet while lowering the volume in the accounts.

There is no TWO WAY communication except for a little LOUDNESS -and all I have left is OPTION 0.

Then I email Dillen for advice and some SPARE change.

Don't worry - be Happy

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:34 PM

beocool:

I use Barclays, but I have been reading good reviews about Handelsbanken. They've got bigger reserves than a lot of banks and they are not involved in the financial speculation that may yet bring down the big banks for a second time.

In the UK they use other banks for ATM and counter services.

Graham

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:03 PM

I'm puzzled Unsure how do banks make profit from looking after your money than?

on the other hand I've lost interest last time someone tried to explain how 40ton air plane can take off Big Smile

vikinger:

beocool:

I use Barclays, but I have been reading good reviews about Handelsbanken. They've got bigger reserves than a lot of banks and they are not involved in the financial speculation that may yet bring down the big banks for a second time.

In the UK they use other banks for ATM and counter services.

Graham

Don't worry - be Happy

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:15 PM

Foodbank soon if you don't buy my stuffStick out tongue

Brengen & Ophalen

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:14 AM

So we will swap places ;) Big Smile

I'm yet to get price from you ;) - may have some left over food, if that's any comfort :) Whistle

Leslie:

Foodbank soon if you don't buy my stuffStick out tongue

Don't worry - be Happy

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Coutts - very nice and I think it could be the winner. I believe one of there cards was designed by Ozwald Boateng and another Stella McCartney. http://www.feng-swish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Coutts-World-Credit-Card-Imperial-Purple-by-Ozwald-Boateng.jpg

Handeslbanken - I used to bank with them here in the UK and they were excellent. The only problem is that there internet banking facility was ancient - no mobile app and to log in required a USB stick with a security code on - how do I plug that in my iPad? Since moved to Barclays Premier - very ordinary and nothing special for the monthly fee.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:53 PM

Chris Harrison:
Coutts - very nice and I think it could be the winner. I believe one of there cards was designed by Ozwald Boateng and another Stella McCartney. http://www.feng-swish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Coutts-World-Credit-Card-Imperial-Purple-by-Ozwald-Boateng.jpg

Mine is much nicer Big Smile (the blurry areas are edited out)

On topic... obviously Danske Bank! The Finnish bank our company was using merged with it some years back, and the migration to the Danish interwebs banking software platform was so smooth, that after a month of struggling we were forced to change to another bank...

--mika

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:19 PM

Bob:

I'm puzzled Unsure how do banks make profit from looking after your money than?

on the other hand I've lost interest last time someone tried to explain how 40ton air plane can take off Big Smile

Here's lesson one for anyone interested in what is really going on in the banking sector and governments.

Graham

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:16 PM

Nice one, Unsure cannot wait for next lessons Snail

Don't worry - be Happy

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

It looks quite worn, doesn't it? Laughing

I am a "Fordel plus" customer which mean free home banking, consultations and it's free to order new credit cards and create new bank accounts Wink

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:59 AM

I have a HSBC Premier account.  Absolutely pointless, and the only benefit I've seen is a little private room with a 'Premier' logo on the door where they take you to have any chats about selling you extra products to make themselves commission.  Thanks guys, i feel really special.

My 'relationship manager' shook my hand, handed me a form to sign to open the account - and I haven't heard from her since. That was a year ago, so don't believe all the 'here to look after you' rubbish.

HSBC Premier Credit Card. See above. Their reward points scheme means you have to spend £100,000 on the card in order to get a toaster or some such like.  

I have a box standard Halifax account, which is brilliant - and I use for almost everything. Very on the ball, no frills and more importantly no c*ck ups.

My most used 'account' is my American Express card. A very good travel concierge who has just saved me five years card fees in one trip, great reward points scheme (transferrable 1 for 1 with my two favourite airlines) plus heaps of perks with hotels, car hire, dining and the like.  

The Bang & Olufsen of bank accounts though has to go to Coutts & Co.  Their 'world card' is apparently on another level when it comes to service, and I've never heard a bad word said about them by their customers, of which we deal with many.

I did enquire about a Coutts account, and filled in their online form. I exaggerated my net worth and income somewhat, then proudly pressed the 'submit' button.  Within 3 minutes, an email from Coutts came back - which was excitedly opened.

I can't remember the wording, but it went something like "get stuffed, peasant - try NatWest, they have a Black Account for people like you..."

Geeked

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Lee, I think Coutts want around £500,000 at least in investable assists. I guess that is spare cash. If you've got a few buy to lets to that value I presume they are not interested or anything else for that matter.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:39 PM

Chris, I've got three BTL's left (sold the others at the top of the market thankfully!) - but I'm simply not worth enough to qualify - simple as that. Anyone with a Coutts Account is there for a reason - and it's usually because they are talented, intelligent, shrewd - or have the surname 'Windsor' and a Royal Crest after that...

The customers I have, who have Coutts accounts, have portfolios of £10m+ or earn in excess of around £200k a year as Surgeons and the like. All way beyond me!

I've got a personal target to get a certain charge card (Keith Saunders knows which one - he has one...), which frankly (as i've seen it on wesbites described as..) "willy waving" - but when i set myself a goal, I'm like a dog with a bone.  I'll probably bin it after a year knowing me, but it's that fact i got there that counts.  Keith got his through many years of being respectable and reliable - which shines through on this very website. :O)

All said and done though, we only have bank accounts to save keeping it under our floorboards and getting it stolen.  Why go to that trouble when you can willingly pop into a branch of a bank and let them steal it in relative style..

Laughing

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Lee, that is one of the best things i've heard for a long time.

With £500,000+ of investible assets you must be pretty rich. If I had that sort of spare cash lying around as much as i'd like an account with Coutts I couldn't justify keeping it in the bank for them to spend.......err...maybe invest!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:35 PM

9 LEE:
.............which frankly (as i've seen it on wesbites described as..) "willy waving" -

9 LEE:
I'm like a dog with a bone.)

Sounds more like a knob fixation! .................. plus, PLUS..............who "desires" a bank account???Unsure

I think you should enjoy your money rather than let conniving, underhanded, lying, untrustworthy, low-lifes enjoy it on your behalf!!!Wink

Ban boring signatures!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:36 PM

Chris Harrison:

With £500,000+ of investible assets you must be pretty rich...

Not referring to me I assume?!!!

I do not have £500,000 in spare cash laying on my coffee table - I can openly state that as a concrete fact.. Geeked

Just to clear up any confusion and all that... Huh?

Lee

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:39 PM

Puncher:

Sounds more like a knob fixation! .................. plus, PLUS..............who "desires" a bank account???Unsure

I don't desire a bank account - it's a charge card as I mentioned.  Not even a credit card, nor a bank account - a charge card, which you pay off every month.  I don't want credit, I neither trust nor like banks, nor do I want loans apart from a mortgage.

Smile

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:41 PM

9 LEE:

Puncher:

I don't desire a bank account - it's a charge card as I mentioned.  Not even a credit card, nor a bank account - a charge card, which you pay off every month.  I don't want credit, I neither trust nor like banks, nor do I want loans apart from a mortgage.

Smile

Sorry! - was meant to be humorousEmbarrassed

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Chris Harrison:

I do not have £500,000 in spare cash laying on my coffee table - I can openly state that as a concrete fact.. Geeked

Lee

I was saying as in the average joe.....

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:46 PM

Chris Harrison:

9 LEE:

Chris Harrison:

Lee

I was saying as in the average joe.....

I can't even imagine having £500k 'spare' ... What a feeling that must be!

I once managed it in Turkish Lire, when the exchange rate was good...  Big Smile

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

9 LEE:
I once managed it in Turkish Lire, when the exchange rate was good..

When I started out in Mexico 1991, my monthly salary was Mexican Old Pesos 20,000,000.00, the year after they took away 3 "0" and I was no more a millionaire.

My best Credit card ever was a Amex Platinum, traveling a lot  its the best, hotel rooms without reservation, no credit limit to speak of, and the best service in hotels and first class restaurants, when they knew you had the card (and showing of your Rolex). When I stopped traveling I cancelled the card, it had a cost of USD 400.00 a year, but traveling, it was worth it, Miles, discount and time saving made up for it.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 6:46 AM

Søren Mexico:
My best Credit card ever was a Amex Platinum, traveling a lot  its the best, hotel rooms without reservation, no credit limit to speak of, and the best service in hotels and first class restaurants, when they knew you had the card (and showing of your Rolex).

I have a Platinum and it has never had the effect !

Must be your Rolex versus my Seiko that makes the difference Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:03 PM

Probably the RBS , they've got crap software too.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

elephant:

You will have to give some tips tooBig Smile. BTW got a Seiko too

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

2012martin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 202
Gold Member

I've got a tesco club card Lets have a Party !!! and I earn points with it Laughing

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:01 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out all that card point stuff. lol.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:16 AM

Søren Mexico:

elephant:

You will have to give some tips tooBig Smile. BTW got a Seiko too

You probably don't know the Bubbles character from "Absolutely Fabulous" and her famous line where she brings in a lap dog to her boss:

"lap top ! I thought you said lap dog"

Sooooooo ...

"Give some tips too ! I thought you said taps !!"

now that explains a lot Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (34 items) | RSS