Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 1 LS Freeview STB Question

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

j0hnbarker
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Bronze Member
j0hnbarker Posted: Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:19 PM

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this problem?

Just moved house and had planned to ML my Avant and BV1 together, but the length of the cabling is proving problematic. I now can't watch SKY in the bedroom and the BV1 doesn't have an STB controller.

What would be a good Freeview box to get to use with it instead, and is there any way of controlling it with a Beo 4?

Thanks in advance.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:59 PM

Hi John,

Is the problem the cable length or the routing of the cable? I'd stick with ML if possible. Without the STB controller I think you'd have to find a Lintronics solution which would let you use the latest Freeview boxes with the Beo4. Then again, a Lintronics solution might be as costly as just getting another BV1 with STB built in ........... But you would then have to use an old Freeview box like the Panasonic TU20/30 type ..........Huh?

Graham

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 6:44 AM

as its a ls (that stands for link set) you cannot get it to control a stb, is there no way you can get it master linked? As this is the best way, as your bv1 may not have scarts?? Cheers Nick  

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

I have seen this site with STB's that are Beo4 compatible.UPDATE - (just looked at the spec & it seems most need a built in STB controller, but not all). There was another sight that has similar items but I cannot find it at the moment. (Found it here Smile)

Or you might think about a programable remote to replace the Beo4 - A friend has one of these. Very stylish and very B&O but progammable via your PC.

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS