Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 12 with BeoSystem 3 MK I or MK2 possible?

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 9:24 AM

Hello,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a BeoVision 12-56. Will it be possible to run the new BeoVision 12 with a MKI or MK2 version of Be4oSystem 3?

I'm not really interested in watching 3D, which of course will not work on older versions of BeoSystem 3.

hfat

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 12:51 PM

That will work just fine. For the mk1 you will not find the center speaker and are recommended to use the BL3.

To be exact, the following versions of the BeoSystem 3 will work with the BeoVision 12-65: BS3 mk1 type no 9600-9612, mk2 type no 9615-9628 and the mk3 type no 7710-7723.

Roger

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 1:11 PM

Interesting. My dealer told me it was not possible. I wanted to use my Beovision 7-55 to power the Beovision 12. I really do not have a place to put my 7 and dealers here in the US do not do trades. I have an unfinished basement so my idea was to move the 7-55 to the basement immediately below the room the 12 would be in and run the wires up through the wall. I had a service tech here from B and O and he called in to B and O to ask and was told it would not work.  My salesman also told me it would not work. One of the reasons they gave me is the light sensor for room light would be in the wrong room. I did not understand that as I assume the BV12 has a light sensor in it as the light sensor would not be in the BS3 as it is typically hidden away.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

TripEnglish
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Bronze Member

Razlaw,

First of all, many dealers in the US do trades. I take trades constantly and it helps me to satisfy a broader range of clients.

Secondly, the BeoVision 7-55 is not a BeoSystem 3. It has the components of one built in, but it's the TV. I'd have to research how to make it work, but using the BV12 as your second screen would be a pain in the ass (assuming you could even hook it up and get it to operate, which I have doubts about) in so far as the BV12 would always be the Cinema Mode (Format 0). 

Find a dealer to make the trade is my suggestion. 

Alex
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Alex replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:19 PM

TripEnglish:

Razlaw,

First of all, many dealers in the US do trades. I take trades constantly and it helps me to satisfy a broader range of clients.

Secondly, the BeoVision 7-55 is not a BeoSystem 3. It has the components of one built in, but it's the TV. I'd have to research how to make it work, but using the BV12 as your second screen would be a pain in the ass (assuming you could even hook it up and get it to operate, which I have doubts about) in so far as the BV12 would always be the Cinema Mode (Format 0). 

Find a dealer to make the trade is my suggestion. 

I second this ... If it's even possible you'd have to use an external BeoSystem 1 eye in the other room connected to the 7-55.  As a result you would lose all of light sensing features (since this process is actually done in the BeoSystem 3 ... not the panel) as well as the ACM feature.  Essentially the BeoSystem 3 would see the 12-65 as a projector and you'd only be able to trigger it using the Cinema command.  Not convenient AT ALL.

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:29 PM

Roger:
For the mk1 you will not find the center speaker and are recommended to use the BL3.

Thank You for your answer, Roger. I do not understand, why I can't use the center speaker for MKI. Could you explain, please.

hfat

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:43 PM

Sorry, what I meant was that (even after updating the SW) you will not see the BV12-65 center speaker listen as an option in the setup menu for the mk1. But you simply select BL3 as your center speaker.

Roger

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 3:47 PM

What Roger means is that the older BeoSystem 3's do not list "BV-12" a a choice in the "Speaker Type" menu, so B&O suggests choosing BeoLab 3 in the menu.  The built-in speaker will then work as expected.

Russ

We kid because we love.

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:10 PM

Hi Roger,

Hi Ross

Apparently everybody but me has figured out. Thank you both for your answers.

hfat

Nicolas
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Nicolas replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 12:03 PM
hfat:

I'm thinking of upgrading to a BeoVision 12-56. Will it be possible to run the new BeoVision 12 with a MKI or MK2 version of Be4oSystem 3?

Hello

I would like te replace my BV8-40 by a BV12-65 but at that time, I don't need to connect Beolabs for a surround setup. I just want to plug my DVD player to the HDMI in and use the BV as a monitor with center speaker only.

Could it work like that or the BeoSystem 3 must absolutely be used ?

Thank you

Nicolas

BeoVision 12-65 / BeoLab 9 / Beo6 / BeoCom 2 / AppleTV 4

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:55 PM

BeoSystem 3 must absolutely be used.

We kid because we love.

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 5:57 PM

We kid because we love.

Nicolas
Not Ranked
Switzerland
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Nicolas replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 6:00 PM
RussR:

We kid because we love.

Sad news for my wallet !

Thank you for your answer :)

Nicolas

BeoVision 12-65 / BeoLab 9 / Beo6 / BeoCom 2 / AppleTV 4

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
Posts 47
Bronze Member

Hi,

do you know if can be possible to use BeoVision3 32" with a BeoSystem 3? (as a temporary step while I search for a flat panel + center speaker)?

I own one now. :)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS