Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoremote One, Beovision 9 and Apple TV: Navigation keys don't work

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

dezeejbp
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
dezeejbp Posted: Mon, Oct 2 2017 9:08 AM

I managed to use Beoremote One with Beovision 9 and Apple TV by using Beo4Video mode. But the Navigation keys (arrows) don't seem to work neither on Apple TV nor on BeoVision 9 menues. So right now Beoremote seems to be less funcional as Beo4. Any Solutions?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 9:31 AM

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

Is the remote in Mode 2?  From the manual:

Beo4 modes (MODE?)

MODE 1 When a Beo4 remote control is in MODE 1, the navigation button is used for menu operation, and menu and source operation are separated.

MODE 1 should be used if:

– all your televisions in your video setup contain the ‘REMOTE CONTROL’ or ’BEO4 SETTING’ menu and are set to ‘NAVIGATION BUTTON’.

MODE 2 When a Beo4 remote control is in MODE 2, the navigation button does not work and menu and source operation are not separated. MODE 2

should be used if:

– one of your televisions in your video setup does not contain the ‘REMOTE CONTROL’ or ’BEO4 SETTING’ menu …

– you also use a Beo4 remote control without navigation button in your video setup.

Set the ‘REMOTE CONTROL’ or ’BEO4 SETTING’ menu to ‘NO NAVIGATION BUTTON’, where possible.

Reset your Beo4 (RESET?)

For resetting your Beo4 to default, all settings will be deleted. Select RESET? from the LIST menu.

But I don't think that the NAVI button will work with BV9 whatever.

dezeejbp
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Sounds very helpful, thank you.

On my Beo4 the navigation buttons work quite well with BV9, Apple TV and the STB from Technisat.

I just looked into the Beoremote one manual, can't find how to deactivate "mode 2".  Do you know, how to do that?

Many Thanks!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 9:46 AM

Press Standby and LIST together, whereupon ADD appears.

Press LIST until MODE appears.

Press centre button

Use arrows to select required MODE

Press centre button again.

EDIT: And then a long press on BACK will exit setup.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 9:49 AM

On second thoughts, I am confusing myself as I have been talking about Beo4 NAVI all along - apologies!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 9:54 AM

... but if you look at P16 of the Beoremote One guide, you want to set it up as a 'Beo4 Video' product.

dezeejbp
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
dezeejbp replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:05 AM

That's what I did, Beoremote one is in Beo4Video configuration. Everything works except the navigation buttons. Can't figure out, why.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:20 AM

I think it's because the BV9 won't respond to the navi commands.  Newer TVs have the option to set up the remote (receiver) function to use the NAVI version of Beo4 - the one with the little moveable button in place of the GO button..

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Oct 2 2017 12:45 PM

I`d try to set the BV9 (BS3) to "NO NAVIGATION BUTTON".

Stefan

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

That option isn't available at the BS3mk1 inside the BV9 mk1-3.

I've just found a BS3mk3 with 2x hdmi out. Haven't checked if that option is available.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That depends on the sw version.

Maybe someone else knows from which version this feature was introduced?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

I have the latest in my BV9 (am able to program it myself).

The hardware inside the BS3mk1 differ a bit from the mk2 and 3. Therefore probably the mk1 misses this function.

johnm
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
johnm replied on Thu, Mar 1 2018 6:09 PM

Di  you ever get this working ?

I have a BeoRemote One and trying to control a Beo4 7-55. Works apart from the Navigation keys. Anyone have any sugguestions ?

I'm assuming somewhere the BeoRemote One needs to be told to use the Navigation keys.

Thanks

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Apr 21 2019 1:19 PM
I ran into a similar problem this week. My BeoSystem 3 Mk I started going belly up and not responding to remote control without a power cycle. My dealer was kind enough to provide a newer version BS3 as a replacement under warranty. I hooked it up a found my older Beo4 Go version could not do anything but power up and bring up the menu. I couldn’t navigate the menu because the BS3 was set to navigate remote mode. So I bought a BeoRemote One to help change the settings menu to allow non-Navi control.

After completing the setup, I found the BR one seems to emulate only the Navi version of the Beo4, so would be of little use in my home. So unless someone can tell me how to put the BR one into “pipe and slippers” Beo4 olde timey Go mode, I will have to return the new remote.Stick out tongue

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Tue, Jun 25 2019 12:10 AM

Same problem here, but between Beoremote One and Beosystem 3. The navigation buttons doesn't work, so I'm using a Logitec remote to operate de BS3.

Did anyone solved this problem?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jul 24 2019 12:58 AM
I am using a Beoremote One with a Beovision 7, and connected Beosound 3000 and Beosound 5. It works perfectly with exactly the same functionality as a Beo 4.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Wed, Jul 24 2019 11:23 AM
Razlaw:

I am using a Beoremote One with a Beovision 7, and connected Beosound 3000 and Beosound 5. It works perfectly with exactly the same functionality as a Beo 4.

Hi Razlaw, did you have a go or Navi Beo4? Until I borrowed the Beoremote One and changed the setting in the menu, I could not move up and down the menu tree of my BeoSystem 3 with my go Beo4. I could turn it on and off and open the menu, but that’s about it.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jul 24 2019 6:57 PM
I had full full control of the BV7 with both an older Beo 4 with the go button and with a newer Beo 4 with the movable center button. I did not change any settings on the BV7 when I started using the BR 1.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:38 PM

If you already used the BV7 with a Beo4 with navi, then your BV7 is capable off choosing between the 2 different Beo4's.

So, using the BR1 will then be no problem.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jul 25 2019 3:09 AM
Beobuddy:

If you already used the BV7 with a Beo4 with navi, then your BV7 is capable off choosing between the 2 different Beo4's.

So, using the BR1 will then be no problem.

Yes, the BeoRemote One has worked flawlessly with the BV7 and connected BS3000/BS5 since I purchased the BR 1 as did prior Beo 4s.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Actually it isn’t that hard to understand.

Any (ir-based) BV, that can be controlled by a Beo4/navi, can be controlled by a BeoRemote One (ir).

Some BV’s had the option to choose between navigating with or without the navi stick (instead of the arrows).

By some of these it was a matter of sw version, whether they could or not - and hw version in some cases.

All newer (again ir-based) BV’s are made for controlling via navi per default.........and therefore also works with the BROne (which was the delievered remote for these tv’s).

If you have a BV with the choise of controlling with or without - and it is set to navy, but you only have an oldschool Beo4, there is a solution.

You can use the digits counting the menus from above....means: instead of navigating with the arrows you enter the 1, 2, 3 etc for the ‘number’ of the menu, you want to access.

This way it is possible to navigate to the menu where you can change to ‘old school Beo4’.

MM

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Sep 10 2019 3:00 PM

I was having the same problem controlling an Apple TV through a BeoVision 8 that hasn't been updated to support navi commands. I found that I could navigate using the P+, P-, <<, and >> buttons for UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT. The > (play) button worked for "select." My problem was navigating back to previous screens. The "back" button of the BeoRemote One had no effect. This might be because I didn't have the Apple Remote loaded in my PUC and had to do the remote learning feature of the Apple TV. I could not get the Apple TV to learn the "back" button. It also would not learn the color buttons as they didn't register as long presses. What I ended up doing was to have the Apple TV learn the "pause" button of the BeoRemote One for the "Menu" command of the Apple TV. This seems fine since pressing "play" toggles between Play and Pause on the Apple TV. Now, I seem to have full control using the BeoRemote One.

SpeedingGuy
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

I was just about to return my beoremote one bt when your tip helped me! For the apple tv, I just paired it with bluetooth! Its a bit of a hassle that the volume doesn't work, unless I switch to beo4 video but I can live with that!

Psmax
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Psmax replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:45 PM

SpeedingGuy:

I was just about to return my beoremote one bt when your tip helped me! For the apple tv, I just paired it with bluetooth! Its a bit of a hassle that the volume doesn't work, unless I switch to beo4 video but I can live with that!

I have a BeoVision 10 and Apple TV4. I got the BeoRemote One BT because I thought it would be easier with just one remote instead of both Beo4 and the Apple TV remote. But having to switch between Beo4 Video and Apple TV on the BeoRemote One really annoys me. I have to press five (5!) times on the List and navigation buttons before I can change the volume, when I'm using the Apple TV 4.

Is there really no way this can be done i an easier way? Else I think I'm going back to the Beo4 and the Apple TV remote - but i really love the design and finish of the BeoRemote One, so I'd rather not. Any help?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:19 PM

Psmax:
Else I think I'm going back to the Beo4 and the Apple TV remote

Of course if you do this then you should also be able to control the volume of the BV with the Apple TV remote, but you probably know that! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Psmax:

SpeedingGuy:

I have a BeoVision 10 and Apple TV4. I got the BeoRemote One BT because I thought it would be easier with just one remote instead of both Beo4 and the Apple TV remote. But having to switch between Beo4 Video and Apple TV on the BeoRemote One really annoys me. I have to press five (5!) times on the List and navigation buttons before I can change the volume, when I'm using the Apple TV 4.

Is there really no way this can be done i an easier way? Else I think I'm going back to the Beo4 and the Apple TV remote - but i really love the design and finish of the BeoRemote One, so I'd rather not. Any help?

Honestly, the only proper solution is to get the right PUC codes loaded on the tv.....if possible in your area.

It will cost, yes - but after that you will have that ‘true B&O feeling’ controlling your setup.

MM

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 10:05 PM

Hi,

there is no solution to this right?

I am having the same issue, Beo4 Navigation was working flawless on my ancient apple TV, now Beo 4 got replaced with BeoOne BT and the navigation cross on the new remote is not working as it was on the Beo4.

Cheers

JK

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 10:14 PM

B&O could easily provide a solution by rolling out a firmware upgrade for the BeoRemote One BT that adds a device for "Beo4 Non-Navi." Perhaps if enough of us approach Beocare about this they'll see the need to add it.

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 11:29 PM

Looking at the manual  on page 24 of the Beoremote One BT. The Beo 4 they have pictured looks different than mine. Mine has an EXIT button where as the Beo 4 in the manual has a PLAY button instead.

Is there a way to get the EXIT button? Even with a navigation Fix I'd still miss the EXIT button. 

Cheers

JK

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 11:44 PM

Sorry, looks like it doesnt let me edit. 

The EXIT button is my "BACK" button on my Apple TV. Just enabling the navigation would leave this open

JK

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 9:17 AM

jk1002:

Sorry, looks like it doesnt let me edit. 

The EXIT button is my "BACK" button on my Apple TV. Just enabling the navigation would leave this open

JK

It's the "<--" button on the BeoRemote One. It works when the TV accepts navi commands. However, B&O would need to offer a "non-navi Beo4" mode on the BeoRemote One for it to work with a non-navi BeoVision.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:35 AM

DMacri:
Until I borrowed the Beoremote One and changed the setting in the menu, I could not move up and down the menu tree of my BeoSystem 3 with my go Beo4.

Just for future reference in case anyone else finds themselves in this situation, you don't need to borrrow a BR1 or Beo4 Nav button version. You can use the number buttons to navigate the menus to change the settings - button 1 selects the first item in the menu, button 2 the second, and so on...

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS