Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Which beolink converter?

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member
Lennart Hildeman Posted: Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:32 PM

Hello world!

Setting up a Beovision 7-32 with Beomaster 65 and Pentas. Here’s my question: should I get the Beolink converter T1611, or the 1614, to integrate the system? I also have a Beocord 7000, which is probably totally irrelevant information in this context.

Best regards

Lennart

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Oct 10 2017 9:49 PM

I’m not 100% sure, but to me, 1611 and 1614 should both work in your case!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

The 14 is the US version, the 11 is the EU version.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

So I should be OK with the 14 in Sweden? It is from 1994.

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

Felpost

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:07 AM

Yes, both carry out the same basic functions.

However, I took this from a post by Keith in the archived forum:

The Beolink Converter Type 1614 is the older version which cannot perform all Masterlink functions and was replaced by the current Type 1611 with the latest software version of 1.4

But I am not sure what ML functions the 1614 cannot perform!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

I now have the Masterlink 1614, Beomaster 6500, BV 7-32, and a V7000. I am trying to connect them, so that I don't have to move the loudspeaker cables to the Pentas back and forth. That was the idea. I have no idea how to make this work.

Furthermore, the BV reacts with snowfall when I press TV on the 4 remote. The TV works when I press Vmem. I am confused, stumped, and my learning curve has flatlined. Help, someone?

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:41 PM

Hi,

i guess you have not connected the antenna out of the BeoCord V7000 to antenna in of the BV 7.

Also a fully wired scart cable from the BC V7000 to the BV 7 is needed to get full control via the Beo4.

Masterlink cable from BV 7 to Beolink converter 1614 and 7 pin DIN Cable from AUX connector of the 1614 to the AUX/TV connection of the BeoMaster 6500.

For full luxury setup ( manual control of Audio components) an additional powerlink cable from BM7000 powerlink to powerlink in of the Beolink converter

Penta MK2/MK3 connected to BV7 powerlink Front left/right.

BV7 set to V.OPT 2 and BM6500 set to A.OPT 0.

Enyoj your system Smile

Ralph-Marcus

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

OK, I connected the set top antenna out to the VC7000, and then from that to the BV7. The signal from the Denver set top obviously goes through the scart, since the programme continued undisturbed on the TV while I included the VC7000.

I connected the scart from the VCR to the AV2 on the TV.

Next, I connected the Masterlink to the BM6500.

The cables to the Pentas are still connected to the TV, and, although the radio is active, according to the front display, it does not make a sound. The TV should switch off, and the radio take over the use of the speakers. I have a feeling that the speakers should be connected directly to the BM6500; am I wrong there?

There are two DIN holes in each speaker; does it make any difference which ones I use?

I will keep trying, but the 4-stick is not easy to figure out. Is there a reason why I can't use the TV-button on that?

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Fri, Oct 27 2017 9:08 PM

You have to set the A.OPT 0 and V.OPT2 if the speakers are connected to the TV.

This makes the beomaster to not react to Infrared signals from the Beo4. everything is controlled by the BV7 this way, it's the master of the whole system. The BM6500 is only a radio source with additional tape 1, tape tape 2, phono and CD input to the whole system. everything is controlled  by the BV7 and every signal goes through the BV7.

The x.OPT settings have to be done while every component is in standby!

Then disconnect all devices from the mains power. Now BV7 is first to reconnect and wait a minute. Now connect the BM6500 to the mains, wait about 30 seconds and finally connect the Beolink converter to the mains. Again wait about 30 seconds before you press any button on your remote.

Now you should be able to listen to the radio through the BV7 and the Pentas. The powerlink connectors on the Pentas are in parallel, so you can 'daisy chain' the speakers but you have to set the switch to 'R' at he right speaker and to 'L' at the left speaker so that each speaker gets the correct role.

The BC V7000 has to be connected to AV1! The Settop Box can be one of the remaining inputs.

If you want to use the TV Button to see the program of the settop box you have to tune a station to the frequency of the settop box. Better assign the AV2 (or AV3) to 'SAT'/'DTV' and use this button to watch the programm of the STB. The button 'TV'  uses the analog tuner of the TV. I don't know whether you still can receive analog tv signals at your location.

Ralph-Marcus

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

I think I have followed your instructions exactly, trying several times, and all I have achieved is that the 6500 no longer responds to the Beo4, or the 7000, or the 1000. I will try to reverse the order and set the 6500 as master. I haven’t got any more DIN cables, so the full luxury will have to wait, anyway. I will also look for the opt1 in the manual.

Freundliche Grüsse

Lennart

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

OK; that did not work. At least I got the radio and tape and phono back. What is OPT 1, I wonder in desperation?

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

Double post

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Sun, Oct 29 2017 6:42 PM

xOPT 1 means that the device (Audio or Video) only reacts to its own functions. This is valid for pure Masterlink Systems! A mixed System like yours (MCL and Masterlink) can may be react different depending on the software level of the MCL component.

If you want your BM6500 as Master of your complete system you have to connect the speakers to the BM6500. This way you will loose your BeoLab 7.1,7.2 or 7.4 which i assume you have with your BV 7.

Ralph-Marcus

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

The only speakers I have are the Pentas, and a pair of CX in the kitchenconnected over a link eue. Is that what MCL means?

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, Oct 30 2017 9:05 AM

The MCL System uses MCL 2A and / or MCL2AV (usualy white boxes) and a square IR Transceiver ( see here ). Your CX Speakers in the Kitchen are then connected to the MCL Box.

OK, if you don't have a BeoLab 7.x connected to your TV you can also set your BV 7 to VOPT 0 and the BM6500 to AOPT 2 and connect the Penta to the BM6500.

EDIT: In this case you don't need the powerlink cable between your BM6500 and the BeoLink converter. It's just used to sign the VideoMaster ( in VOPT2 setting) that a manual activation has taken place at one of the audio components.

Ralph-Marcus

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

I now have the VX7000 working, but, in spite of several attempts, the BM7000 makes no sound, although it reacts to the remote, as does the BC6500. Lo and behold; I just got it to start. I heard the radio, then I switched to the BC6500, heard nothing, went back to the radio, hear nothing, turn it off, turn it on... The display on the BC6500 shows that it is playing, but the loudspeakers stay silent.

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
Posts 81
Silver Member

Does that mean I have to unplug  the system, and then reconnect it, starting with the BM7000? Because I tried to just move the cables to the BM, and that silenced the TV.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS