Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Wheely & Moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sun, Oct 15 2017 5:37 PM

Hello all

Can the moment be paired with a Essence remote or does it have to operate in IR mode?

I have one and think I would like to connect it to the moment and hopfully dedicate the on button to a specific radio station

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Sun, Oct 15 2017 6:40 PM

Seanie_230:

Hello all

Can the moment be paired with a Essence remote or does it have to operate in IR mode?

I have one and think I would like to connect it to the moment and hopfully dedicate the on button to a specific radio station

Sean

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11689/~/how-do-i-operate-beosound-moment-with-my-beosound-essence-remote%3F

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11706

It needs to be in IR mode, and has very limited functionality.

/Jacob

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Sun, Oct 15 2017 10:00 PM

Cheers Jacob

Its a shame but I expected that.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Oct 15 2017 11:53 PM

Considering the unreliable bluetooth connectivity, I actually prefer the IR mode. I have an Essence Remote in IR mode to control my Moment and it works without fault. I can't say the same of the Essence Remote that I have paired with my BeoSound 1.

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Oct 17 2017 9:32 AM

Seanie_230:

Hello all

Sean

Hi Sean,

As mentioned above, a direct mode  with the BS-Moment is possible with the ir-mode only. Currently, I chose a indirect way. My BS-Moment is using the speakers connected to the BV Avant. Therefore I bought a additional  Essence remote and changed the mode to IR, to controll my BV Avant with the new essence remote too. Now the Avant will start with Homemedia, if you press the upper button on the Essence remote. This first Music-source/behaviour can be changed in the settings of the Avant. I changed it to Music BS-Moment. Now, if I want to listen to the Moment, I just press one button the Essence remote, the TV starts with the selected Moment-Musicsource and is playing a track from pattern play, or if interrupted (paused) the last played song. My wife is happy about that - and the good thing is, that all your other remotes can be used to switch tracks and turn down/up the volume. And finally you have another remote to power off all the B&O devices at once. Maybe this solution works for you as well.

Cheers Beroli

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Nice, indeed!

Beroli as we love him :-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Beroli
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 316
Bronze Member
Beroli replied on Tue, Oct 17 2017 5:42 PM

Dear MM,

you are to kind - thank you very much. Found this solution by accident. In the first place I wanted to install the additional essence Remote near to frontdoor of my apartment, to switch everything of when leaving - but the frontdoor was to far away to the next B&O device. Therefore I was looking for another benefit  of the Remote and since my wife wanted to have a easy possibility to switch on the Moment without touching the Jukebox, I‘ve tried this. .

Cheers Beroli

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS