Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BLGW + BS5 issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei Posted: Wed, Nov 1 2017 8:00 PM

Hello, I have couple of (maybe silly) questions about BLGW setup:

1. I am trying to define V.AUX source, but... where is it? There is V.AUX2. Maybe it was renamed?

2. I set the BeoSound 5 IP, defined it as a A.MEM and have chosen the N.MUSIC as UI Type. Looks nice, but how to stop/pause the track? I cannot find the button for that. I can either choose the another track or to standby the system.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Tue, Jan 30 2018 8:47 AM

Answering to myself (thanks BeoCare):

1. There are no V.AUX in the source list while BLGW setup, but it is possible to use DTV2 instead. So now I can select V.AUX with BeoLink. Of course, on Beo4 it will be normal V.AUX still.

Thus, now I can use BeoSound5 and Dune HD (connected to AV4 of Beovision7) at the same time. Before now, AV4 was selected by PC command, but BS5 was also reacting on a PC command, that was annoying,

Second question is addressed, but no answer so far.

PS. Here's the screenshot from ConfigurationTool, prooving that DTV2 and V.AUX use the same IR command:

vaux

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Jan 30 2018 4:26 PM

Aleksei:

2. I set the BeoSound 5 IP, defined it as a A.MEM and have chosen the N.MUSIC as UI Type. Looks nice, but how to stop/pause the track? I cannot find the button for that. I can either choose the another track or to standby the system.

Strange. If you are looking at the Browse window, you have a horizontal row of covers, that displays the albums that will play, and you have a vertical row of coverart. Just below the horizontal row I have three buttons - one for play/pause and two for previous/next.

To choose a track to play, I just press and hold a song or album.

Standby button is at the bottom at the right side.

Or did I misunderstand anything?

Stefan

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Wed, Jan 31 2018 8:10 AM

You are probably refer to Beolink 1. Indeed, it looks like you describe.

I have the issues with BeoLink 2. Sorry for confusion.

BeoLink 2:

BeoLink 1:

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Mon, Apr 26 2021 12:32 PM

After all those years i still suffer on a item 2) Smile

It is clear, that BeoSound 5 is designed the way that when you power it on it immediatelly starts to play last song, which I personally hate. For example, when you are in the mood to listen some relaxing lounge at the evening you have to start with the loud Disco that you have listened last time during the party.

On a Beo5 I should be able to choose the N.Music and add the PAUSE command to the same button (did not try yet, but will do soon).

But since I often start N.Music from iPhone why not to add the possibility to start BS5 silent? or at least add the PLAY and STOP buttons to N.Music interface.

The another 3) issue is that you can use Beo4 color buttons with BeoSound 5 to choose the favourite set of songs, but you cannot do it from BeoLink interface, as well as numeric keypad, when you choose the (assigned) N.Music UI.  It is most porbably the issue of not supported BLGW. Do not know if it is fixed in newer BLI interface.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS