Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How much is my black Beosystem 7000 worth?

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie Posted: Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:44 AM

Just wondering how much my complete black Beosystem 7000 is worth? Of course I'm watching Ebay and see rather high prices for the Beomaster 7000 and Beogram 7000CD, not to mention the black recordplayer with MMC2. Selling each component seperately makes more money I know, but I would like to sell my 7000 system complete.

Brengen & Ophalen

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:04 AM

Does it include the remote? The point of the 7000 is that the remote is the component that turns this into a super system. Without the remote, it is actually not as good as a 9500! I sold a boxed full system for £1500 I think. Not the black though, but these are less popular for some reason in the UK. I think black are favoured particularly in Germany and the Netherlands.

Peter

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 4:34 PM

Peter:

Does it include the remote? The point of the 7000 is that the remote is the component that turns this into a super system. Without the remote, it is actually not as good as a 9500! I sold a boxed full system for £1500 I think. Not the black though, but these are less popular for some reason in the UK. I think black are favoured particularly in Germany and the Netherlands.

Yes, that includes the RDS remote Beolink 7000.

At least one English gentleman was interested in my system. Think his name is Lee somethingStick out tongue

Brengen & Ophalen

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 4:46 PM

I'd be interested in the system, of course.  I always regretted selling mine.

I've been "behind the scenes" gathering another system together - and now have the CD, the Casette Deck and the BeoMaster, all in black. I'm just missing the record deck now...

However, if Leslie wants to sell me the whole system.......

Lee

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 4:58 PM

I'm willing to sell and as said before Lee, the thing that bothers me is the transportation fragility of the record player, not to mention the huge shipping costs.  

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

In Europe there are so good train coverage, for the cost of shipping you can buy a train ticket, meet the seller at the station get the items on the train and go home with it, secure, less packing and a nice train ride, London - Amsterdam is a 4-5 hours ride. You could even invite the FS and stay for a weekend in one of the nice places en route.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:34 PM

Quite so Soren! I think you mean the tunnel. Any idea how much petrol cost these days? The train does not stop at my front door you knowBig Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

How far can you be from Amster- or Rotterdam, Holland is so small that you can cross it Est to West on a bike in one dayBig Smile

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:13 PM

Time to go back to Europe Soren. You were talking about train transportation, meaning using the tunnel from Calais to Folkestone and back is approx. 200 euro? By car from home to Calais and back is approx 600km so 100 euro for petrol. And where does Lee lives? Any other alternatives, like using the Ferry(s)?

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I mean taking the train from London (Eurostar) to Bruxelles, change train and go to Rotterdam, Amsterdam

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:56 PM

Okay, still through the tunnel. Have to carry 4 units with meBig Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:10 AM

I'd say meeting half way sound fair ;) I've certainly done those things many times in past Wink

Lee can take return ferry from Dover for under £30 (it isn't that far from London ;)

but on the other end what do I know........Cool

B

Almost forgot , (got to edit): your system be worth as much as someone be willing pay for it Geeked Whistle

Leslie:

Okay, still through the tunnel. Have to carry 4 units with meBig Smile

Don't worry - be Happy

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:07 AM

That is one beautiful system in black. I salivate over your gear Leslie, if only the power issues and distance didn't make it so problematic for me here in the US. You just don't see as much used Beogear in the US, and what you find on places like eBay and such is usually overpriced and depressingly abused. Like my Beovox 3000's that I was lucky to get replacement metalwork from you for. Waiting until I get into my new house to finish repairs and rebuilding them, due to both time and not wanting to risk damage again in the move. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:14 PM

Thanks Jeff! Even in the US black 7000 systems are favoriteSmile You still haven't placed the metal panels?

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:10 PM

Sorry Lee, but my system is sold! Surely you will have another set soon!Whistle

Brengen & Ophalen

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:58 PM

I'm sure it's going to a very good home, where it will be loved and cherished.

Whoever bought it is a very lucky person. Hmm

Lee

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS