Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MasterLink Gateway and Global Cache

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

huwtec
Not Ranked
Wales
Posts 20
Silver Member
huwtec Posted: Wed, Nov 8 2017 3:44 PM

Hi

I am new to this forum and fairly new to B&O and this may sound like a silly question but I can`t find any answers in past threads.

I bought a second hand MasterLink Gateway a year ago to use with my B&O equipment and the Lutron grafik eye lighting system I have installed in my house and I have managed to teach myself from different Youtube videos and information from this forum on how to program it all and it all works great. I have now bought a Global Cache IP2cc to control different items through a relay system (open/close the driveway gate, extractor fans etc.) I know there is a driver installed in the BeoLink Gateway but can it be used with the MasterLink Gateway using custom strings? If so does anybody know which IP Port I should be using? is it IP Port 4998? Also can any body tell me what the command strings should be for each of the three relay outputs on the IP2cc? I have tried various strings from the Global Cache instruction manual but I can not get it to work.

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated. 

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 10:54 AM

Hi,

since the Ip2cc has no Restapi it is not possible to control it with custom strings, it uses sockets for communictaion a different communication concept.

There are other products from GlobalCache with restFul API.

But you can download and configure openHab, which as a modul for many GlobalCache products. openHab has a API which can to controlled by custom strings.

Another solution is the Homematic CCU2, which can control other systems with sockets and has  restful API for MLGW control.

But a lot of programming and testing is needed.

Many script languages like phython or php and others are capable of  using sockets, so you can make your own programm,e g. on a low power raspberryPi.

Ralf

huwtec
Not Ranked
Wales
Posts 20
Silver Member
huwtec replied on Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:48 AM

Hi Ralf

Thanks for answering my question, at least now I know that the IP2CC does not work with the MLGW and was not something I was doing wrong. I think I will now go down the LinTronic relay 208 route, from what I have read on their web page it works with the MLGW and it is quite easy to program. I`m afraid you suggestion were just too complicated for me as I don’t know hardly anything about programing.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi

You could email the team at Beointergration and ask if they have a driver they could convert or one that has been converted already.

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

huwtec
Not Ranked
Wales
Posts 20
Silver Member
huwtec replied on Tue, Nov 21 2017 10:34 AM

Thanks Seanie for the reply, I will e-mail Beointergration as see what they will say.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS