Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Antenna Selection - 60-75Ω or 240-300Ω?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:55 AM

In the users manual for my BeoMaster it mentions that your local B&O vendor will tell you which FM antenna is best for your area.

I figure you folks can sub in for my B&O dealer and suggest some links or information on selecting the best antenna for use here in the Northeastern US.

Thoughts?

Tom

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:58 AM

Odd. My initial search of the forum didn't find anything obvious on this subject, but then this post popped up in related stories, with a link to this FAQ

I'm off to dig into those links!

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:53 AM

trymes:

Odd. My initial search of the forum didn't find anything obvious on this subject, but then this post popped up in related stories, with a link to this FAQ

I'm off to dig into those links!

Any FM antenna  preferably 75Ohm should do nicely, providing you have Analogue transmitters available.

TV UFH are not best match, to find out try any other radio with own antenna or obtain standard B&O antenna from your dealer or, elsewhere.

If tuning sensitivity is right you should have something using just bit of wire and AFC off.

Get nothing at all may indicate issue with your tuner, say that there was places in States with absolutely nothing on air  ;)

all the best

bob

P.S what Beomaster are we talking here?

Don't worry - be Happy

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:09 AM

Thank you. I have an antenna that came with my HK receiver, but it teminates in spade connectors and a female IEC connector, thus making it mostly useless for this purpose.

The BeoMaster in question is a BeoMaster 8000, the same one my other thread in this forum involves. Unfortunately, it was damaged in shipping, so the antenna bit is gilding the lily at this point, but there's a chance that I will be able to get it working, and the proper antenna will come in handy at that point!

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:37 AM

No problem - yeah I seen that other thread what a shame (hope you will get it going), despite the assumption the damage (easy-financial part) will be sorted via insurance, you can do:

Simple A folded dipole (plugged to 300Ohms socket as per picture) and don't forget to ground your unit to help keep static at bay ;)

A folded dipole is a variation of the half-wave dipole. This time however, the impedance is 300 ohms, so it is more suitable for receivers that only have such a connection.

solely for the purpose of checking your receiver - "original" replacement antennas are quiet easy to get from dealer (haven't changed bit over the years) or, cheaply on eBay, etc

good luck with it

b

trymes:

Thank you. I have an antenna that came with my HK receiver, but it teminates in spade connectors and a female IEC connector, thus making it mostly useless for this purpose.

Don't worry - be Happy

happyman
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hi Bob - Have just entered Beoworld having purchased a Beomaster 1600. I see from the posting above that you are knowledgable..... I am a complete non-techy and elderley to boot!

Where in the UK  (or Scotland!!!) would I be able to get an FM arial with the correct plug? I would really be grateful as I seem to be going round in circles. Thanks (in anticipation)

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:08 PM

Maybe this guy at ebay will ship to the UK:

LINK to auction

(search for Antennenweiche 75 on German ebay and check where the seller ships to.

Best regards
Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

happyman
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
happyman replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:50 PM

Ecellent - he does and I have!!!! Including postage to the UK it cost 15 euro and a few cents ---- about £12. Many thanks to all and VERY Merry Xmas or whatever celebration your culture might have.   Now waiting for my ebay cd player 7000 - excited as Xmas present to myself.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS