Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision 4-50 Stuck on Language choice menu at power on

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

rtww2k
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
rtww2k Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:03 PM

We just got a BeoVision 4-50.  It was recently deinstalled from a large setup, and was connected to a BeoSystem 1.   So at this point the Beovision 4-50 is not connected to anything, only power.  I powered it on  to see if it is working.  It shows the initial menu of language selection (English/etc/etc).  Pushing any of the front panel buttons on the unit changes NOTHING.  Using the remote control changes NOTHING.  

Question - is this normal behaviour, or is there a problem here?

I am familiar with (non B&O) plasma screens,but I do not know much about B&O systems. Normally you can browse through menu/etc using a remote or the front buttons even with no hookups, but this unit refuses to repsond to either.  Do I have to have this connected to a full B&O system to test the display and verify it is working OK?

Any feedback/input would be helpful, thanks!

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Mon, Mar 5 2012 4:23 PM

If you just have the screen you would need the original panasonic remote and remove the brezel from the panel so that the ir reciever can recieve the signal....

So, best would be to hook up the beosystem 1 (with vga? and rs-232? cable) with an ir eye connected to the beosystem - then the beo 4 remote will work.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS