Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New life of Beovision 9002

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member
the_o_master Posted: Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:43 PM

Here I would like to introduce my last project. I suspect that some hard-core B & O collector and lover will find my project ... hmm let's say too "controversial" and probably will not like the end result. Nevertheless, I'll tell you the short story about and show you the result.

In the summer of 2017 I found an old beautiful Beovision 9002 around the corner for almost nothing. I could not leave it there since it would most likely have ended up in the garbage. The beautiful wooden case in teakwood was well preserved but with some water spots. The device did not work. Since I'm also a B & O collector, I thought of a repair first, but after thinking for a moment, I figured it would be very difficult, almost impossible because not only electronic but also the tube was defective. And who has place and need an tube television now-days? Then I got an idea ...

Some long nights followed. The whole project was much more complex than I thought at the beginning (few pics of the "implementation" follow...).
Yesterday it was time, the big moment. My daughter got a very special birthday present from me for her 5th birthday. She was more then happy and of course, me myself too :-)
After all I have to admit: it was not easy for me to destroy a B&O item for the first time in my life. Then a friend of mine, who saw the endresult told me: Do not look at it that way, you've actually given such an object a new life and, most important, a sense! It will be used again and someone is very happy with it again! After all, I think he's right...

And honestly I'm so happy that my daughter loves this gift so much ....

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

And somehow it matches my collection too Embarrassed

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:53 PM

Fantastic!  I love that you were able to save this and give it a new life!  

Beosound 9000 MK III, Beosound Century, Beogram 5005, Beolab 8000, Beolab 5000,  Beolab 4000, Beolab 5, Beovision 8, Beovision 10, Beovision 5, Beoplay A2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay H6.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Wonderful

And symbolic ... a view into her dolls’ lives

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:09 PM

A lovely idea well done!

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Thanks guys Yes - thumbs up

Cheers! Beer

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member

And it even doubles up as a side table :)

Great job!

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member

Great job!

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member

Great job!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:36 PM

Very nice and a great idea - but you have not provided the denizens of this palatial residence with any audio visual equipment!! Where is the B&O! Big Smile

Peter

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
Posts 439
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:40 PM

Peter:

Very nice and a great idea - but you have not provided the denizens of this palatial residence with any audio visual equipment!! Where is the B&O! Big Smile

Good call!  A little pair of BL18s would look great in there...

Beosound 9000 MK III, Beosound Century, Beogram 5005, Beolab 8000, Beolab 5000,  Beolab 4000, Beolab 5, Beovision 8, Beovision 10, Beovision 5, Beoplay A2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay H6.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hey guys, you are right!

But the ladies from that castle complained already and look what they got today. The party is going on there!

I think there is only lighting missing there now! I will look to find some LC1/LC2 for them Wink

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:22 PM
Ha Ha Ha

BeoNut since '75

bm_bv_bc_bg
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member

Party indeed Big Smile

Nice project, congrats and thanks for the pictures!

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

What a GREAT idea! This post really cheered me up this morning as it reminded me how special it is when someone creates something just for you. Well done O Master, you couldn't have thought of a better way of saying "I love you daughter." with all the time and effort you put into this. Wonderful! :)

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Thanks BAND'OH for nice words Smile

I am really happy to see my daughter almost every day sitting in front of her personal "Beovision 9002" and rearranging the castle. It is still her favorite toy.  Only problem I got with it are few angry dads of her jealous girlfriends wanting the same Stick out tongue

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS