Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 2 setting up.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 Posted: Sun, Feb 5 2012 3:47 PM

I have recently changed my bl8000.s for bl1,s. I am very familiar with the lab2, I have two of them. It is expected when you change speakers the will be a lot of tweaking to get "your" sound the way you enjoy.  As the lab 2 is supposed to take over the bass, are you supposed to zero the bass or set to a low minus number ?

I know about different settings on the switch on the lab2 for different speakers.

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 4:01 PM

HI,

I also have two BL2s. One with BL1 one with BL8000. I don't use a zero value for bass settings, because in my opinion the BL2 takes the ultra low frequencies. You can adjust the "higher" bass level using the bass setting. As you say it is some kind of trial an error setting the values for sub- and bass-level to get "your" optimum sound expierience.

hfat

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 8:30 PM

Positioning is very important - even a small movement can make an appreciable difference to the sound. Having two will definitely be better though do you use them as left and right or as front and rear. Using them as two fronts should make placement slightly less critical. I do however pity any neighbours!

Peter

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 9:14 PM

Peter:
though do you use them as left and right or as front and rear.

Forgot to reply to that but I had a laugh when I read it!

The two lab 2's are in different  room's, one is stashed behind the avant with four bl4000's as surround.

The second which was painted (in southern England) with some left over touch up paint  from a Bently  and looks stunning is attached to the lab1's and bs9000.

It would be interesting to attach both of them to the music system, I will wait till  next door are away. :-)

I really enjoy the lab 2's but I do have them set very differently in both room"s. I do not enjoy listening to music on the tv set up but it's fantastic for movies. So it is horses for courses.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS