Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Home audio reaches new level

This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member
bidstonhall Posted: Sun, Jan 7 2018 8:53 AM

Forget turntables, this is the future.................https://youtu.be/LPIJVdQkb1Q

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jan 7 2018 11:46 AM

New lows after watching the video!

Indifferent

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Absolutely, I said new level but didn't mention in which direction, the sad thing is although it's expensive, it's selling, it's the stuff of nightmares for sure, and to think it's happening in this day and age is scary 

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Sun, Jan 7 2018 1:15 PM

At least if you search for "Rokblok review" the Techmoan video is at the top of the search results. I'd be quite surprised if the makers hadn't offered him some quite serious money to remove it although given how frequently he seems to buy expensive hifi equipment (and shirts!) I get the impression he has quite a bit of money and does it for the love.

Techmoan is brilliant though and I apologise for making newcomers to him spend about 20 hours watching his back catalogue of reviews and the like but they really are 1st class.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Yes, techmoan is great, but very addictive 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jan 7 2018 2:20 PM

Coming soon to BeoPlay undoubtedly, as soon as they figure out how to make the BluTooth unreliable.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

But they have decided on the 'Tone Arm'.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sun, Jan 7 2018 6:23 PM
MediaBobNY:

But they have decided on the ' Tone Arm '.

Nice. Big SmileBig Smile
Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Sun, Jan 7 2018 7:29 PM

Given that the BeoPlay stuff is somewhat designed to appeal to the 'hipster' end of the market, I do find it somewhat surprising that they haven't actually used it as an excuse to do a turntable again. If they reissued an old product they could probably make quite a bit of money without any of those pesky R&D costs... Sad as it may be at the moment that RokBlok piece of crud is still better than the current B&O turntable product line.

I wouldn't mind if they at least got together with another producer like they do with the TVs and, for instance, even rebadged/reskinned someone else's product but with a B&O din plug and compatibility. It would be better than literally nothing which is what the current turntable range is

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
bidstonhall:

Forget turntables, this is the future.................https://youtu.be/LPIJVdQkb1Q

Beocats pounce lol

🐱🐱🐱
Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Sat, Jan 27 2018 2:04 AM

It's quite funny if you track down the Shark Tank episode where the 'inventor' flogs the company to one of the investors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdTkL_hqTww

He plays about a 10 second segment of modern dance music where it's just beats, not tone, clearly trying to hide the knowingly awful sound. At some point a day or two later the investor - by this point half a million dollars poorer - had to have made the choice of learning a lesson or proceeding to rip off the general public to somehow claw the money back

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS