Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" - Beo World

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob Posted: Sun, Oct 7 2012 4:09 PM

I might have said that few times before, but rather more than never Wink

Beoworld community never fail to amaze me (and trust me I've seen lot in my life), despite being somewhat hard to impress ....these days (being grumpy old man, that I am Smile ) and I'm proud to call myself member of it - look the other way shall you not agree Big Smile

I've got to "know" some amazing people of very rare bread (won't be calling names as those I may and would Time forget to mention may not take it kindly)

I've just spend lovely afternoon with Cleve over cup of coffee and interestingly more general chat than expected B&O related one. 

I will be honoured to be able add him into my "treasured collection of friends" here and the fact he just gave me tweeter for S45.2 speaker and offered to donate S40's have very little if nothing at all to do with it, on the contrary did came as a shocking (and of course extremely welcoming) surprise to me.

This experience shows that despite all our differences, up-bringing, backgrounds and circumstances, there is lot of good people out there, one cannot be mad because they've pull him out of bed WhistleBig Smile and make sense of getting up and keep going in general.

May B&O be loosing its ways and became untrue to its principals to lead the way instead of following and pleasing, may Beoworld and other forums try to adjust - it always be for those special people and relations worth keep on "trucking" and keep the legacy alive.

Hope that you all have great day, if not - I wish you all just that

bob

Don't worry - be Happy

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:50 PM

Really nice words Bob! A very happy week to you too :)

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:05 PM

Very well said, my friend!

Thanks for your wishes, I had a great day (I mean it), trying to install a cabinet to place my BC 9500 upon. Then I realized, that some parts for fixing it are missing Sad. Can´t go on until they will be delivered. So, it´s not only B&O which needs some adjustment, but B&O has the fortune to have a broad community, like you wrote Yes - thumbs up. And btw, I think they are on a good way to be on track again.

Best wishes,

Rolf

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:07 PM

Hi there Rolf

(let us see pictures) Wink I want to see how the rich ones do that Big Smile I will post mine (if I can pass shame) Whistle

I'm struggling at the moment designing and preparing entertainment centre to house my beloved (turn out to be 32" Whistle) Avant,  BC9500, Dolby pro-logic Surround, Light manager and few other bits and bobs - I think I've cracked it - now just which bank to go visit at night SmileCoolUnsure remains

And good news there if you know something about B&O restoring my faith in the legacy - I be even more anxious to meet with you....

bob

Rolf:

Very well said, my friend!

Thanks for your wishes, I had a great day (I mean it), trying to install a cabinet to place my BC 9500 upon. Then I realized, that some parts for fixing it are missing Sad. Can´t go on until they will be delivered. So, it´s not only B&O which needs some adjustment, but B&O has the fortune to have a broad community, like you wrote Yes - thumbs up. And btw, I think they are on a good way to be on track again.

Best wishes,

Rolf

Don't worry - be Happy

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:09 PM

Thank you and likewise, Paul

apologies to others - I haven't quiet figured out how to multi quote (anyone want to give me private lesson)?

bob

Paul W:

Really nice words Bob! A very happy week to you too :)

Don't worry - be Happy

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:55 PM

Hi Bob,

thanks for the flowers, I´m far away from that, but I´m not complaining Wink. I will post pics as soon as I manage to finish, which might take some time because I don´t know how quick they will deliver (and how quick I can work on it). I think I also will post pics of my BeoCat Gram 1, it´s still open.

Looking forward for pics of your entertainment center Smile!

Kind regards,

Rolf

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:38 PM

Naah - I can see the finished product in catalogue Cool,that doesn't contradict itself I still be happy look at it ... and perhaps kick myself in rear, why I didn't get the pro's do it for me. Whistle

I'm interested in the production as I love hands on approach Wink - to fish for ideas Cool

Ooh BeoCat Gram 1 - I cannot wait for that one, I love your very professional approach to that thread (makes me feel appropriately - as noob Whistle

Bob

Nevertheless It always is pleasure to read your posts and browse through your photos - have good time, no matter what you're up to. I like to complain - it's very British quality after all ......Smile

Rolf:

Hi Bob,

thanks for the flowers, I´m far away from that, but I´m not complaining Wink. I will post pics as soon as I manage to finish, which might take some time because I don´t know how quick they will deliver (and how quick I can work on it). I think I also will post pics of my BeoCat Gram 1, it´s still open.

Looking forward for pics of your entertainment center Smile!

Kind regards,

Rolf

Don't worry - be Happy

Bob
Top 200 Contributor
Charente, France
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Bob replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:28 PM

Another "proof" of just what kind of members one will find here on Beoworld.:

Just day ago I've got mail from Rolf to tell me I've won BC3500 on German eBay, what he generously scooped, watched and bid for me (while I'm very busy around here - creating good and presentable home for my bellowed B&O's) and remodelling our place... on top of that and care for my partner I also study to become accountant (it may give me chance working from home on top of what I already do)....

And today we had visit from Cleve, (whom didn't even wanted our famously good coffee Sad) dropping pair of S40 speakers and which he generously gave to me, refusing anything at all in exchange or even got a chance to listen to my rebuild S3702's - something we need to do soon (perhaps be good idea to test them together with my BG 1202 which I was given from other (non-member) for work on his BC3500 and rather soon Cleve WinkSmile

There is no day passing by, members of this wonderful forum  fail to amaze me Yes - thumbs up

you all have great day and week (I won't bother you now with my posts for few days - got to do some studying... Sad, it seemed much easier just few years ago, when text didn't jumped around on the paper and some of it axially stacked in the head...)

bob

Don't worry - be Happy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS