Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

"Time-warp" Beocord 5000!

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 4 Followers

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:57 AM

The TV is showing what we used to call 'the test card' in England.  It was on when transmissions ended (or before they started depending on time of day).  They helped you set the contrast and other settings on the set.  The later colour ones had a young girl holding a cuddly toy.

Nice dress sense too of the tech.

Dave.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

the_o_master:

But guys please, look on to this picture again.

What can be seen on the nice old Beovision 500 sitting on the BM3000?

My first association: In my childhood this sign has always meant  "Ohhh, it is very late, time to go to bed..."

But obviously not for this guy working on the BC5000 ... Not exactly best advertisement for the good old BC5000 and its serviceability ...

Big Smile

Dave Farr:

The TV is showing what we used to call 'the test card' in England.  It was on when transmissions ended (or before they started depending on time of day).  They helped you set the contrast and other settings on the set.  The later colour ones had a young girl holding a cuddly toy.

Nice dress sense too of the tech.

Dave.

Exactly what I wanted to point to: "when transmissions ended" and the guy was still there working on the BC5000 Stick out tongue

I agree 100% on the dress style Smile

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:59 PM

Well in fact techs used test cards to adjust many parameters of black and white, then colour TVs. They also used the signals to visualise bandwidth, echoes... on their scopes.

My using the photograph was purely ironical. They must have had every single deck manufactured in there!

Jacques

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Sep 19 2014 1:02 PM

lovely pics of the 5000 and a real find - congrats

Page 2 of 2 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS