Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Homekit (homebridge) Integration Beoplay and bsys4.

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO Posted: Sat, Feb 17 2018 9:30 PM

I've been digging into 'homebridge'  (Raspberry PI and software that makes devices homekit available) to control non-homekit items.

So far i've been able to control volume from the beoplay and essence/core platform trough homekit. I'm now looking if more commands are available.

(Using the 'thermostat' accessory i'm able to control volume and also turn the device on/off)

I'm also looking forward to get bsys4 controls but did not struck oil yet. (!) Does anyone have any information how the app's or gateway communicates with bsys4 tv's? Control's alike the new beo app would be great integration.

Also i've created a plugin that can activate a homekit scene from a beo4+ remote  (light command) using a beolink eye connected to the PI. When ready i'm sharing the plugin's at NPM.

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Hi L1NO,

Do you have more progress on this? Quitte interesting want to buy the Pi as well and this would be a nice bonus

Erwin Nieuweweme
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 18
Bronze Member

Ore help programming

connectjunkie
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

I've released a simple speaker control plugin for homebridge (look for homebridge-beoplay in the npm repository). I'd be interested in feedback.

I've so far implemented mute/standy and volume control, although in order to get the volume control usable by Siri its necessary to expose the speaker as if it was a lightbulb - similar to your thermostat implementation.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:56 PM
connectjunkie:

I'd be interested in feedback.

Hi - I have just started testing your plugin, I’ll provide more feedback once I’m more familiar with it.

Any particular side of it you would like some test on?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

connectjunkie
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Anything really:

• any bugs or where the plugin isn’t functioning as you would expect
  • suggestions for enhancements to functionality supported in the plugin that would make sense in the context of HomeKit
  • suggestions on new functionality you would like to see
  • any areas where the documentation is unclear, or needs additional material

I have been adding enhancements over time (including supporting B&O TVs), and have more planned, however as I only have an A9 speaker to test everything on it’s likely there may be issues I need assistance in fixing with other B&O devices. 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:03 AM

Great!

I have provided feedback to a similar initiative from another developper who also had a single Beoplay device, and he did a very good job enhancing his application to control multiple devices.

First thing that could be cool is to have the "Join" command passed as "Power on via setting", i.e. when I start a device, it will attempt to join an already playing device. This is a very nice feature of the B&O Multiroom.

You can find more information about various commands here : https://github.com/tlk/beoplay-macos-remote-cli

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:48 AM

FYI: My first use of your integration is to include my B&O Core in a Homekit "Good Night" routine that shuts down all my living room Hue bulbs as well as the B&S Core and by extension the associated speakers. It saves me a couple of clicks on different physical remotes and can be voice controlled.

connectjunkie
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Excellent - that was one of the original use cases I wrote the plugin for  

I’ll have a look at the join functionality in the other integrations you’ve pointed me to and look to get included soon. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS