Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 50 Brass Colour soon?

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 Posted: Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:32 PM

Hi Guys,

I heard a rumour that the 50's would be released in a Brass edition in May. I was told this by a shop in London but no one else seems to have this information when I visited a few other stores.

I was advised this would be in conjunction with a Brass edition of the Beovision Eclipse.

Has anyone else heard this?

Beovision Eclipse 55 Brass Edition with Oak covers and Brass Orbital stand

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Feb 26 2018 4:52 PM
I haven’t heard anything, but it would surprise me in the sense that i still feel very much like a beta tester with mine and they never give me an answer when it should actually be fixed.

I guess i wouldn’t put it passed them to come with a new version before the old version is a 100% functional, but it would annoy me to no end.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Mon, Feb 26 2018 5:36 PM

Thanks Mikipedia,

I've actually watched and enjoyed your videos of the 50's online and always thought you seemed very happy with them. What issues have you been having?

The Dealer seemed convinced May was the timeframe was definite as they delayed the launch so they could release the 50 and Eclipse together.  

Not sure if the changes will be just cosmetic or not.

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Feb 26 2018 5:58 PM
Hi epsilon20,

Thanks for watching. Why i haven’t made many videos about my bl50’s lately is because of the issues i have with them, I’ll make a video about it soon. When they work they are magnificent, but for me that’s intermittend atm. The reason i haven’t spoken out about is because i wanted to give b&o the chance to fix it before i said anything publicly. I mean there is no point to starting rumours if i truely was an anomaly, but it appears iam not.

In a nutshell:

1. wisa doesn’t work properly or sometimes at all.

2. speakers lose sync different ways

3. wifi is super slow

4. Wifi and wired internet causes interferance in the slave speaker(wich is not wired nor has a wifi controller)

I’ve had this problem for 4 months now and has gotten to the point that my dealer now has my bad speaker in his showroom(and i his here) because B&O hq has told us that they won’t warrenty the speaker until they know what’s causing it. So yeah, that’s about it in a nutshell.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Tue, Feb 27 2018 11:52 PM

I had the same problem with the 4 Wisa Beolab 18s & 19 I have from the wifi connection. They would flash red and make all these cracking noises and lose syncing with my Transmiter one as have a Loewe Oled TV connected to it.

I searched for a solution for months only for B&O in one store to tell me my apply TV which was connected to the 5ghz wifi router and sitting next to the transmitter 1 was causing the interference as WISA works on a spectrum of 5hgz. Other streaming boxes on that spectrum will cause the same issue I was told.

If your TV is connected to the 5ghz network on your router try switching to 2.4ghz. I switched all my devices next to my transmitter 1 or in your case an eclipse to 2.4ghz 

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Wed, Feb 28 2018 3:31 AM
Yea i tried all that, doesn’t matter one bit. We’ve even resorted to changing out all cables and turning off the internet, no change. At first i was blamed for it and now after months iam not the only one anymore so iam told somebody is looking in to it. But then again that has now been nearly a month, give or take a few days.

The only “answer” i’ve gotten is: “there is a problem, but we don’t know what it is, but we won’t warranty until we know what it is”

So in other words, “sorry it doesn’t function propperly, our bad, but that’s your problem”

I currently have my dealers speaker here and that works fine so far. He has mine and it’s the same in his place. But i didn’t pay all this money to have a showroom model and all this aggravation for months on end.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Wed, Feb 28 2018 6:20 AM

Oh wow that's terrible customer services . Sorry to hear that 

Is there a page on beoworld that tracks buyers problems? I was offered a discounted pair but reconsidering now as would be disappointed too especially at the prices being paid for a set

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Wed, Feb 28 2018 6:20 AM

Oh wow that's terrible customer services . Sorry to hear that 

Is there a page on beoworld that tracks buyers problems? I was offered a discounted pair but reconsidering now as would be disappointed too especially at the prices being paid for a set

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:22 AM

B&O will update their products visually at least once a year to keep them looking like new in adds/showrooms. The "new" BeoSound 1 in piano black is just around the corner (but the SW is still not sorted out), they have a few speaker frets for the BL50 (hope they release the MB AMG grill look-a-like fret first).

I would be surprised if they pushed the brass edition as early as May with their current stock of shiny alu bits laying around...

Roger

boskonay
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member

Are the new BL50 frets out yet? 

Have to say I'm not a big fan of the oak

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
Posts 172
Bronze Member
davidr replied on Wed, Aug 8 2018 4:23 PM

Epsilon20:
.... the 5ghz wifi router and sitting next to the transmitter 1 was causing the interference as WISA works on a spectrum of 5hgz. Other streaming boxes on that spectrum will cause the same issue I was told....

Exactly.

WISA is poorly thought out.

2.4ghz ISM spectrum (wifi or not) is overused and noisy, hence why newer wifi installations and devices are moving towards 5.0ghz ISM band. Problem is 5.0ghz for the moment does not have as much utilisation due to its smaller footprint and more 'channels' available. However the same rules apply to 5 as 2.4 so interference can and does occur as noted.

Now WISA may utilise 5.0ghz band but it is not wifi - so every frame sent to / from WISA is seen as simply garbage noise to a wifi device & station. And the opposite is true as well, 5.0 wifi frames are seen as noise to WISA devices. Airplay/chromecast are different in that they are wifi frames regardless of band used.

In theory the 'channels' may not overlap but auto channel selection tends to pick the same lower numbers due to footprint needs. Roughly speaking 2.4ghz coverage can be 4-10x that of 5.0ghz.

Had WISA been using another ISM band or combination of such this wouldn't have been an issue.

And this is even before getting into the firmware and software end of things Whistle

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS