Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSystem 3 pincode entry problem.

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder Posted: Wed, Mar 28 2018 4:21 AM

Hi,

A few months ago my MkI BS3 died on me. Just this week I got a MkIII BS3 from ebay to replace it. It arrived today and I set it up in place of the old unit. I was given the pincode for the unit.

However when I enter the pincode and try to accept it nothing happens. Are there any special modes the BS3/Beo4 could get into that the go button would not work (the rest work). 

I recall when you entered the wrong pincode before You'd get an error message. I also recall having to setup the Beo4 to talk with the Bs3 correctly - though I haven't changed the Beo4 setup since then.

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
Posts 141
Bronze Member
oli replied on Wed, Mar 28 2018 10:25 AM

I don't think you get an error message with a wrong PIN code, the digits are just blanking to enter a code again. The PIN code you got is probably the factory one, but it has probably been changed. You have to call a dealer to get a mastercode to reset the PIN code, you will have to provide the S/N to him to do so.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Your new BSystem3 was probably setup to be used with a Beo4/navi.

Which one do you use?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

egj1975
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
egj1975 replied on Wed, Mar 28 2018 4:47 PM

Try using the pin and GO. If nothing happens...try using the pin and PLAY. 

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Wed, Mar 28 2018 9:31 PM

egj1975  & Millemissen,

I'm using an old Beo4 I'm not sure which versipon it is but it has DVD V.TAPE and A.TAPE on the source selection if that helps identify it.

I've tried hitting GO multiple times, that doesn't work. The left arrow botton does delete one number from the pincode, however right arrow

does not process the filled in code. Is there a way to reset the BS3 to factory default setup minus pincode?

Cheers 

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Wed, Mar 28 2018 10:12 PM

I can't seem to upload an image, but if it helps I see "accept" and a circle at the bottom of the screen rather than GO which

I would expect. Apologies for the memory my old unit broke down months ago and I don't remember the menu's exactly.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Any channce of getting hold on a Beo4 with navi key (= with the small knob in the middle)?

MM

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 1:58 AM

No I don't think I can get a hold of a navi key Beo4. I don't know anyone else with B&O in this town and the nearest dealer is on the mainland. 

I'm looking through the manual trying to find the factory default routine now. I have found the instructions for setting up the beo4. 

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 9:33 PM

So there's no way to reset a BS3 input configuration to a stock Beo4 without using a beo4 navi? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I can’t give you any other advice as to try with the Beo4/navi - which does not mean that there is no other way.

I remember having had that problem some time ago - that was what helped.

MM

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:24 AM

Thanks I appreciate it. At very least I have an idea of what might be going on.

I do remember instructions in one of the manusl for resetting the MkI units. Unfortunately when I sold the old MkI for parts I sent the manuals with it, the beoworld tech area only has three of the four or five manuals I had. So I'm stuck trying things at random. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:51 AM

I wasn't aware the BSys3 even had the option to be set for use with a Navi Beo4?  Isn't it too old for that?

Lee

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:07 AM

BSys3 mk3 has option to use Beo4 or Beo4 navi

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:23 AM

Must have been the latest and last SW then!  My bad.

Lee

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:10 AM

oldjack, lee,

Do either of you know of a way to reset a BS3 to work with an oldfashioned Beo4? I'm at the pincode screen and can't enter "go" as it seems to be setup only to accept the beo4/navi's circle button (where GO is on the old beo4's). I remember there was a forced reset (for emergancy use) on the BS3, but I don't remember the procedure and can't find the documentation.  I'll give the local B&O repairman a call on Monday. 

So my options seem to be: 

1) Find a way to reset the BS3 to work with a beo4, noting I can't get past the pin-code screen.

2) purchase a Beo4 navi.

3) Purchase a beoremote one futureproofing myself for a while. 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 7:39 AM

thunder, I don't know how urgent it is but I can imagine it is extremely urgent as it is a new B&O toy for you Smile

But seriously: Where do you live?
I can offer you to send you a Beo 4 Navi for testing/setting up your Beosystem 3. When you're done and configured your Beosystem 3 to work with the standard Beo 4 you simply send it back to me.
I'm pretty sure that you'll take care of it and I'll get it back in the exact same great condition. 

Only downside: I only can send it in ~ about 2 weeks.

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:03 PM

9 LEE:

Lee

Hi Lee ! I bought it preloved in 2015,seller claimed it was 2 years old,latest edition,with latest software (3D,full HD,Freeview...).

Yes,I paid 2K GBP,but it is worth every penny.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
Posts 371
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:17 PM

thunder:

oldjack, lee,

Do either of you know of a way to reset a BS3 to work with an oldfashioned Beo4? I'm at the pincode screen and can't enter "go" as it seems to be setup only to accept the beo4/navi's circle button (where GO is on the old beo4's). I remember there was a forced reset (for emergancy use) on the BS3, but I don't remember the procedure and can't find the documentation.  I'll give the local B&O repairman a call on Monday. 

So my options seem to be: 

1) Find a way to reset the BS3 to work with a beo4, noting I can't get past the pin-code screen.

2) purchase a Beo4 navi.

3) Purchase a beoremote one futureproofing myself for a while. 

Hi thunder!

I can not try it with Old Beo4 anymore.I gave it to a friend,along with Beovision 3-32.Try to borrow Beo4 Navi just to enter pin.Once you are in the settings,you have option to select Beo4 or Beo4 Navi (not sure you have that option with mk1).Or just buy Beo4 Navi.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Yes, thunder - where on earth are you.

Location would be fine, if you need help.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

9 LEE:

Lee

Sure a later SW is needed.

When I stood before that (mentioned) BV11-55 with that same problem, I nearly went crazy.

After a while - you know....always try to solve a problem on your own - I called a ‘friend’ in Struer.

And luckily, there was a Beo4/navi in reach..........which - by the way - I first had to set back to navi mode again.

The world is full of problems ;-)

MM

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:38 PM

I didn't really bother checking this,- Could the PIN code service mode be of help here?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I did not try that.

However, if the system does not react to the GO button, it probably won't help either.

MM

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:40 AM

First, thanks TWG for the offer. If I need a Beo4/navi I'll buy one - the cost will be only marginally more than postage to/from Canada. 

For everyone chiming in, thank you! I'm going to call the local B&O repair guy on Monday if they don't have a way to reset the BS3 I'll order Beo4/navi from sound affair. It has been a frustrating few days. I'm absolutely astounded that no one caught this design flaw in Stuer...

When I get my answer from the B&O tech I'll reply to this thread to leave breadcrumbs for anyone else having this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS