Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay A1 Hot and limit volume, no charger support enough power?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

saobang3886
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
saobang3886 Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2018 3:27 AM

I just bought A1, the sound is great on that form but I have some problem with it:

- The speaker get hot quickly when play music about 70% volume on my Samsung Note8, after 10-15 minutes, it auto limit the volume to minimum, I turn up to max but it only loud like 30% it can, very tiny sound. It only play loud sound again if I turn off and wait until it cool. The sound is great, but if it only play like that 15 minutes, it not a deal. Did we have any solution for that problem?

- I try different charger, 2A, 3A, even my macbook charger but none of them can support to keep the A1 full battery when play music, it still drop some battery, then recharge to full, then drop and recharge again,... I don't know the speaker can get power direct from the charger or only on battery. Is that normal?

- Can I change the battery for higher capacity? I find some 18650 battery have higher capacity.

By the way. Which bluetooth code the A1 support? I feel the sound from my Note8 not good enough, which bluetooth code quality best on A1?

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 376
Bronze Member

My A1 doesn't charge very well music is up loud, and when down to 15-25%(cant remember exactly) it reduces the volume low to reserve power

saobang3886
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Yes, if the volume about 70% the speaker become power hungry even my macbook charger have USB-C PD can't provide enough power for it.

Maybe we have to wait for new gen to fix that problem Sad 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 742
Founder
I’m not trying to be an apologist for the A1, but if you get another, then you will share the load between the two for the same volume level. And you’ll have the option of listening in stereo. Smile
saobang3886
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

I use A1 for outdoor only, don't want take two of it on my mini bag :)

saobang3886
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

I use A1 for outdoor only, don't want take two of it on my mini bag :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS