Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Latest B&O App Update and Strange Moment behaviour

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member
David Coyne Posted: Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:53 AM

Happy Easter

This morning I downloaded the latest update of the B&O App. The update that was supposed to fix the 'no product' message appearing and rendering the app useless. Instead of fixing the issue (which previously I had only had once) my app is now completely unusable. I have deleted the app several times, reinstalled and I keep getting a no product message.

To add to this issue I have not been able to play one of my favourite tunein stations for days (ABC Jazz Australia). I have been able to airplay the station so the station itself is working. This morning to my pleasant surprise i could play the station again  via the app (before the no product issue). The station will not play via the moment however, yet other stations all play via the moment.

Im really getting frustrated with the constant software issues that render my products almost useless or frustratingly having to reset everything before I wish to use them.

Any suggestions? Maybe a SONOS is actually the best solution and I give up on Bang & Olufsen. SONOS is not as pretty but it works!!!

Regards

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 128
Founder
petermc replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 2:00 AM
Have the same problem too.

A lot of my favourite radio stations will not play on the Essence however if I switch over to the TuneIn app the stations all stream no problems.

Why is it so hard?

Peter
Lyle Clarke
Not Ranked
Lunderskov
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Some stations are changing a small but important thing on the back-end which led to you being able to select them but then they would never start playing. The fix has come to the app already, which is why it suddenly started working.

petermc, what stations are you having trouble with, can you list some examples? Also, are you on Essence mk1 or mk2?

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 9:05 AM
I was using the latest Beta version 1.7.0 12579 which had the „no products“ issue.

My wife told me a new release version (1.7.1) was showing up in the AppStore. According to the notes this solves the no products issue.

I deleted the Beta and upgraded.

Still the same problem sporadically, „no products“ but I can start the radio and music.

I have reinstalled a couple of times but still unstable.Sad

Why has the release version leapfrogged the Beta?

When can we expect a stable version?

Tim

Lyle Clarke
Not Ranked
Lunderskov
Posts 52
Bronze Member

Yes, it is frustrating, especially when sporadic. However please keep submitting your valuable logs via the app so MrAndersen & the App team have the data they need to solve all cases.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

In my case the new version of the app did NOT help ;-(

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 11:54 AM

Millemissen:

MM

So far, no more "no product" message on my side

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:14 PM

whack-a-mole in Dansk. mine works again.

mbolo01:

Millemissen:

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

poodleboy:

Lucky you ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Lyle Clarke:

Yes, it is frustrating, especially when sporadic. However please keep submitting your valuable logs via the app so MrAndersen & the App team have the data they need to solve all cases.

I had the “no product” re-appear over the Easter weekend with seemingly no Deezer access via Music however I was able to click a Favourite Track that started several hours of playing but I could not see what was coming up nor adjust the audio.

Now the “no product ghost has disappeared.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Lyle Clarke:

Submitted ...

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS