Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O in 2018

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Oasis
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Bronze Member
Oasis Posted: Sat, Mar 31 2018 8:57 AM

So, there has been the Eclipse and BL50s in 2017, any news on products expected for 2018? 

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

The current crop of products are so uninspiring that nobody seems to care any more.

Regards Graham

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

My guess is a speaker smaller than the  BeoLab 50... Video front: maybe an Eclipse variant.. But that's about it I guess.
Music system? As all current music is digital... I don't think we'll see a new audio system.. Or it'll be some kind of repackaged Core.

However... giving Geoff's current dive/obsession into digital artifacts and the reproduction of digital audio.. maybe somethings is in the pipeline..  

Karel.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 12:04 PM

I've been told that they are busy with a new audio product

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 12:24 PM
koning:

And new colours!

I‘m sure we’ll get new colours in Autumn.Smile

Tim
PK
Not Ranked
Posts 82
Bronze Member
PK replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 1:43 PM

new beolab 3 replacement?

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 6:22 PM
PK:

new beolab 3 replacement?

I hope so...

BeoLab 5 -> BeoLab 50

BeoLab 3 -> BeoLab 30

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 7:24 PM

Hopefully Beosystem 5

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Here is the Beolab 50 review from What HIFI.

https://www.whathifi.com/bo/beolab-50/review?oq=Beolab%2050&src=textfield&aq=Beolab%2050&type=review&pos=top

A great review, but I noticed that it had to be fed by a Naim streaming machine. Naim is a great company , but a relatively little one. Surely a company like B&O can make a streaming device worthy of its speakers ambitions.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

B&O goes retro ...

B&O launched the BeoVision Goliath, a reminder to TVs of the fifties, here a model of the late GDR, blown up a little bit. Price: about the same as the BeoVision Eclipse 55"; screen size: 55", material: massive wood, plywood and MDF for the back.

For me a little bit too much of skeuomorphism.

Peter the biker

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Whereas Loewe nails it...

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:

Just add wheels, and you have...

--mika

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 6:38 PM

tournedos:

Chris Townsend:

Not even close - The BV stand is (still) absolutely horrid!

Ban boring signatures!

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:22 PM
Love the Goliath !
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

No new TV until late 2019. Eclipse will remain only model in the range.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:40 PM

Oh boy!!! New Colors!!!!!!!!!Lets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Crying

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Apr 1 2018 9:06 PM

Its most likely so that they can tell their investors that they're releasing a continual stream of new products!

Ban boring signatures!

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

I don't worry about a new TV and I still prefer the left ...

The right TV is just an eyecatcher and will be used for presentations if a customer needs a screen at a trade fair etc. Now proceed to April 2nd ...

Peter the biker

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
tournedos:

--mika

This is one of my favourite b&o products. I just love it.

And I love the Havana brown
W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
Posts 290
Bronze Member

But that's not an april joke right?
The thing looks like a school board, is the chalk included?

wilfried

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 2:54 PM

frog:

Hopefully Beosystem 5

Apart from madness, there's literally no reason why (or even how!) B&O needs to or will produce a BeoSystem 5 for variously glaringly obvious reasons. The main reason being they got rid of their picture-processing development team, kind of essential for a BeoSystem 5. On top, they now have a strategic partnership with LG and what would you connect this BeoSystem 5 to, exactly?

Last but not least, the number of people wanting to buy this is tiny, sadly. ie. the development costs would never be covered by the income.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 4:43 PM

The B1´s are hoping for a new Horizon OLED alternative to increase sale volumes. But as BeoPlay and Bang & Olufsen have "merged".

Roger

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 4:46 PM

koning:

I think they are very busy with getting their existing audio products to workBig Smile

Roger

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 5:56 PM

Roger:

koning:

I think they are very busy with getting their existing audio products to workBig Smile

Roger

🤣🤣🤣

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 174
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 6:11 PM

Roger:

koning:

Roger

Sadly no likes here laughing 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:44 PM

Its so sad that a premium company like B&O can't make a good working streamer....

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 11:13 PM

koning:

Its so sad that a premium company like B&O can't make a good working streamer....

Do not be sad. We trust them to make great products and they fail, consistently. B&O lacks humility when it fails to perform, and great punishment comes with that. 

B&O is not a premium company. It once was a company that made premium products, but now it is a logo on colorful plastic Chinese cases, some of which often work. From one McKinsey consultant to another, cheers, Tue. You will always have Triumph. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Apr 3 2018 1:40 AM

poodleboy:

koning:

Do not be sad. We trust them to make great products and they fail, consistently. B&O lacks humility when it fails to perform, and great punishment comes with that. 

B&O is not a premium company. It once was a company that made premium products, but now it is a logo on colorful plastic Chinese cases, some of which often work. From one McKinsey consultant to another, cheers, Tue. You will always have Triumph. 

Ouch! Succinct, to the point, sadly. I agree with your description of the modern B&O unfortunately, the upper management have abandoned everything the company used to believe in.

Maybe for 2018 they'll stick an Auralic Mini in an aluminum box and call it a Beosound Moment II or something. At least it'd work.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
moxxey:

Apart from madness, there's literally no reason why (or even how!) B&O needs to or will produce a BeoSystem 5 for variously glaringly obvious reasons. The main reason being they got rid of their picture-processing development team, kind of essential for a BeoSystem 5. On top, they now have a strategic partnership with LG and what would you connect this BeoSystem 5 to, exactly?

Last but not least, the number of people wanting to buy this is tiny, sadly. ie. the development costs would never be covered by the income.

And to cap it all and endorse Moxxey we now know Oppo is also bowing out so there goes the rumour that the Beosystem 5 was going to be an Oppo and B&O partnership product

BeoNut since '75

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Wed, Apr 4 2018 7:40 PM
koning:

A NL audio product with screen that reacts to RADIO button on Beo 4 would be a good solution for our family...today only choice is Beosound Moment (or older product with NL/ML converter but that is sooo slow at start-up...).

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

nuljui
Not Ranked
Los Angeles, CA
Posts 11
Bronze Member
nuljui replied on Wed, Apr 4 2018 7:46 PM

Really Sad,

I was an enthusiast, the Beolab 17's got me into the product line. The trouble is once you start looking at their older product line, the build quality, design, even sound quality actually go up. The newest speakers I have now are MS150's.

Please bring back some wood.

Page 1 of 1 (31 items) | RSS