Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoport/Beolink PC2 questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen Posted: Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:12 PM

Hi there.

I have just bought a Beocenter 2 - the latest version with DAB radio. Sadly I can not use the DAB, as we now have DAB+ in Denmark.

I have a Chromecast connected to the BC, so I can listen to Spotify, internet radio etc. via my tablet. But I would like to - if possible -  to us N-radio with the Beocenter. I can see in the manual, that I will need to connect a Beoport. It is easy to find some second-hand Beoport and Beolink PC2 "boxes".

But then I have a few questions.

1: Can a Beoport be used with a PC running Windows 10?

2: Can I use a Beolink PC2 box instead of Beoport, if sw is upgraded? (can it be upgraded?)

MJBeo
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 270
Gold Member
MJBeo replied on Mon, Apr 2 2018 3:09 PM

Beolink PC2 and Beoport are the same if I am not mistaken, so you should be able to use any of them. Beoport is the newer name. The software that you download from the B&O website is what makes it sing. Here is the link: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/nl/product-support/accessories/beoport

That is basically Beoplayer software, but adding some extra sources when the beoport is connected. If you have Beoplayer installed, uninstall it and use this one.

I am not sure about windows 10, on the website link it only says Windows 7, so if anyone has it working on Windows 10 they could confirm it here. Good luck!

Beosound 5 Encore + Beosystem 5500 + S45.2; BV7-40 MKV + BL7.1 + BL14.4+ AppleTV4; various link rooms with MCL2 A or MCL2 A/V + RL60.2 / CX100 / CX50 & Cona  / IWS2000; BG4000; Beosystem 1200 + BV1600.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:46 PM

Thank you Smile 

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:04 AM

Yes BeoPort is installed on my new WIN 10 64bit Fall Creator 2018 edition, BeoPort is the currently dowloadable version from B&O 1.0.7.0, as I'm using my BeolinkPC2 to connect a BeoLab2000 to my PC the Option setting for the PC2 is Option2 , the BeoLink PC2 is not connected to a ML system, only the BL2000 ist connected by ML to the PC2. Some sort of local ML installation.

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 11:40 PM

HERE is a Link to my solution to get BeoConnect to work on my Win10 64 Fall Creator 2018 Edition.

It's about enabling SMBv1 on Win10 (not enabled by default)

and

Disabling SMBv2 on Win10

pelsie
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
pelsie replied on Sun, Mar 29 2020 2:49 PM

Hello

Please find the steps:

assign a device explicitly to Vm before launching the app
-Start the VM in desktop mode.
- Assign the device using USB menu.
- Now launch the app from start menu.
- You will get a pop up. Select Close Virtual machine and you are done.

After I had updated Vista to W7 I had no trash bin on my desktop, also I am missing the "run dektop icon" in my Tasktry, and I always have to got to the nmenues to get to the command line. In earlier Windows systems this was within the start menu

-For trash bin, Right click on Desktop and select View->Show Desktop icons.
-For Run option, Right click on Start icon and select Properties. Select Customize...[Start Menu tab] and then Select "Run Command" checkbox.
In future, you can send these kind of Win7 questions in other forums.

Thanks

myloweslife

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS