Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 3000 AUX solo mono / Beosound 3000 AUX mono only

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 Posted: Sun, May 13 2018 1:06 PM

Ciao a tutti!

Sono un felice possessore di un Beosound 3000 al quale sono riuscito a collegare un giradischi (che viene opportunamente preamplificato) attraverso un cavo RCA - DIN5 (per intenderci un cavo rosso/bianco da una parte e con il connettore DIN5 che entra nell'ingresso AUX). Il tutto funziona, ma il suono riprodotto è in mono e non c'è verso di sentirlo stereo :(

Potrebbe essere la qualità del cavo RCA <-> DIN5 (preso a pochi € su Amazon?) oppure il colpevole può essere da qualche altra parte?

Grazie a tutti!

------

Hi all

I'm a happy owner of a Beosound 3000: I was able to connect my turntable (that gets correctly pre-amplified) using a RCA - DIN 5 cable (just to be on the same page, that's the cable with double red/white terminal and a DIN5 plugged in the AUX input on the rear of my Beosound). Everything works fine, but the output is mono and there's no way to listen to music in stereo mode.

Could the quality of the cable be the culprit (I bought the cable on Amazon for few euros). What can I do?

Thanks 'body

Diego.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

When you say "mono" sound,do you mean that the same sound comes from both 'speaker's,or does it just come from one 'speaker?

It's common for Din adaptors to be configured incorrectly for B&O record players.

Steve at Sound's Heavenly(see link below)can fix you up with the correct adaptor.

Nick

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 replied on Mon, May 14 2018 10:35 AM

Thanks solderon29

Yes, with "mono" I mean same sound from both speakers.

I will follow your suggestion :)

Thanks again!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Diego,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Thanks for emailing me today, I have sent you back some details of the cable to help solve this issue for you.  Please let us know how you get on, I will be pleased to assist further if you have any questions.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 replied on Mon, May 21 2018 8:30 PM

Hi!

Unluckly the new cable didn't help (but I will keep this cable which is for sure better than the previous one). Sound is still mono: any other idea?

Thanks!

Diego.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Diego,

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems, the new cable is certainly wired correctly for stereo sound!

Please can you double-check that the plug is connected to the 7 pin Aux socket on the Beosound, not one of the 8 pin Powerlink sockets?

Also, please can you check your turntable and pre-amp?  Is it possible that the turntable has a fault which is making it produce mono sound?  If you can please tell us the model number of the turntable and pre-amp, we can help you further.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 replied on Wed, May 23 2018 8:05 AM

Hi

Turntable is a brand new Rega RP1, while the preamp is this one.

I've also tried to connect the RCA end of the cable to a RCA - 3.5mm jack cable (like this), connecting the jack end to my Mac, but the problem is still there.

I'm pretty sure I connected the DIN plug in the right socket (there's AUX stamped above) so I'm starting to think that the DIN plug has some king of problem (rust? oxidized?)

Thanks again

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Thanks Diego,

Please can you turn off the Beosound and then unplug the RCA plug from the LEFT INPUT of the pre-amp (so that just the RIGHT INPUT plug is connected)?  When you play a record now, do you get just the right speaker playing, both speakers or none please?

Now please turn off the Beosound again and connect the LEFT INPUT plug, then please unplug the RIGHT INPUT to the pre-amp.  When you play a record now, do you get just the left speaker playing, both speakers or none please?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 replied on Sat, May 26 2018 1:39 PM

Hi Steve

I did some test.

I left both the outputs of my preamplifier both connected (that's to say, the RCA of your cable are both conncted). When I plug only the left channel RCA plug coming from the turntable I can here the sound from both speakers, when the right channel is the only one connected I hear no sound at all.

I'm pretty sure that turntable sound is stereo. If I switch L with R (both outputs and inputs) I have the same scenario (obviously the channel producing the same sound on both speaker is R, while L channel produce no sound).

It's a mistery :)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Diego,

Based on your description, that sounds like a faulty pre-amp.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

diek85
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
diek85 replied on Sun, Jun 3 2018 9:13 PM

Hi Steve,

sorry for my late answer but I was out of town.

Thanks! I was thinking that the pre-amp could be the culprit, so I did an additional test. I linked my mac to the Beosound as shown here below (3,5' jack -> RCA -> DIN 7) but the problem is still there. If with the mac I force the sound to only L-balanced I can here same sound from both speakers. If i force it to right no sound can be heard.

IMG: https://imgur.com/a/Si513Lr

https

I'm starting to think that there's some problem inside my Beosound circuitry... 

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS